No Prince Or Princess Compares To You (Prinxiety)

October 13th, 2019
Requested by  Roxy50angel
A/N: I guess Roman is kind of pansexual in this because the request said princesses and princes so just a warning that there might be implication that he has an interested in women as well *shrug*

Roman exhaled heavily as he lowered his sword, the dragon witch he'd been fighting disappearing with a puff of smoke. He hadn't done this in quite a while, having taken a break from these sorts of quests in favor of spending more time with the other Sides. It felt good to get back into the swing of imaginary quests but it was definitely more draining than he remembered it to be.

He slid the sword into his scabbard and wiped the sweat from his forehead. As he did so, it disappear with a little puff of sparkles; being in the Imagination meant he could look flawless any time he wanted.

"You saved me!" a female voice said from behind him, jolting him back into the situation at hand.

Roman turned, seeing the princess' chains had disappeared when the dragon witch died. She ran to him and threw herself into his arms. He humored her excitement, twirling her around as he hugged her back. Usually, this was when he'd get a flutter in his stomach or chest from being so adored by someone; this time he felt nothing.

She smiled at him when he set her down. "You were so brave! I owe you my life!" she exclaimed.

"Nonsense, you owe me nothing," he replied. "It was my pleasure."

The princess laughed a little. "Well, at least allow me to repay you with a kiss," she suggested, tapping her cheek as she leaned up.

A sudden panic shot through him as he raised his hand to stop her. "No, no, that's quite alright," Roman said quickly. She frowned, looking wounded. "I mean, you should save those lovely kisses for the man you truly love. In the meantime, a thank you will do just fine."

"Well, thank you then," she said, uncertainty clear in her tone.

"You're quite welcome."

He took her hand and brought it to his lips in a respectful manner. He then released her and made his way out of the tower.

Perhaps he'd been a little terse with her, but he couldn't help but be distracted. He was used to wanting the person he rescued to be all over him. He usually felt butterflies all over when a prince or princess kissed him. Today, Roman didn't feel that at all and now he was determined to find it again.

~ One Month Later ~

Roman knocked on Patton's door with an exhausted sigh. He felt like he hadn't slept in a month. Ever since the encounter with the princess, he'd been racing across the Imagination and rescuing every royal he could find. He was searching for those butterflies he used to feel but was met with no luck. He hadn't felt anything for any of the royals he rescued. This was why he was outside Patton's door that afternoon.

"Hey Roman, what brings you to my room?" he asked as the prince entered.

"Well, you're good at love stuff, right? Like the actual feelings behind it and emotions?" he asked in reply.

As he sat down on the moral Side's bed, Patton frowned in surprise. "I suppose I do, why are you asking?"

"I've been rescuing royals all over the Imagination and I haven't felt a thing toward any of them! I don't know what's going on with me! It's so weird!" Roman explained. He shook his head. "It makes no sense. I don't feel any butterflies anymore, Pat! What's wrong with me?"

The dad-like character smiled sympathetically. "I think it's a bit of an overstatement to say that something's wrong with you, kiddo," he pointed out. "But maybe you're in love with someone already?"