Not What I Expected (Prinxiety)

September 23rd, 2018
Requested.
A/N: I might be taking requests again soon. Not yet, I want to clear out the few that survived my phone breaking, but after that I think I want to take requests again.

It had been Roman's idea to go on a date to the mall. He'd described it as a 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' time, but they quickly learned that it wasn't. The princely man was looking around frantically for his boyfriend; he'd lost him in the crowd.

Oh god, oh god, oh god, he thought, panicking as he searched for him. He hates crowded, public areas! He's probably having a panic attack or something! I've gotta find him!

After an hour of looking for him, Roman was the one about to have a panic attack. He'd searched through the entirety of the mall almost five times by now, and there was still no sign of his boyfriend. He'd been texting him, but he wasn't responding. The princely man was panting as he tried to calm down, looking around as he stood still. That's when his eyes landed on him; there was a familiar dark spot in the crowd. Virgil was nibbling on a soft pretzel, his headphones on, and a Hot Topic bag in hand. His eyes widened as he took him in, hurrying toward him breathlessly.

"Virgil!" he gasped, stopping him. The emo blinked, taking off his headphones as he looked at him in surprise. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to lose you! You were probably freaking out..."

Roman looked him up and down, realizing that nothing about his boyfriend's appearance or posture showed signs of anxiety or panic. He was just looking at him with wide, confused eyes. "Are you okay, Ro?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He offered his pretzel to him. "Are you hungry? You can have some of this and we can stop by the food court if you want. I was just heading toward Sephora so, that's on the way."

"You weren't panicking over being in a loud, crowded mall by yourself?!" the princely man questioned, feeling like an idiot.

Virgil shook his head, shrugging. "There's a Hot Topic here, so I just went there. I don't feel weird or like the odd one out if I'm in that store," he explained as his eyes lit up. "They were doing a Fever run! They played the entire A Fever You Can't Sweat Out album! It was awesome!"

His boyfriend's eyes were glistening and there was a genuine, excited smile on his face from talking about it. Roman just started laughing in disbelief, pulling him in for a tight hug. "I've been freaking out for the past hour trying to find you, terrified you'd be having a panic attack and it'd be my fault," he told him as he squeezed him. Virgil's face turned to one of realization as he hugged him back slightly awkwardly. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Okay, yeah, that's great, can we go to Sephora now? I need more eye shadow," Virgil said, making his boyfriend laugh even more as they pulled away.

He leaned in, pecking him on the lips before taking his hand as they started walking. "Whatever you want, love."

Requested by this person: