Aftercare (Prinxiety)

December 9th, 2018
Requested by 

Virgil was just reading in his room when another Side knocked on the door. He scowled; Patton and Logan were out of the Mind Palace, filming with Thomas for the rest of the afternoon, and Roman had gone to the Imagination supposedly to brainstorm ideas. Deceit didn't like the Mind Palace, and the other Dark Sides weren't even allowed in it without Thomas' permission, which none of them had yet. Who could it possibly be?

He got out of bed with a huff and headed to the door. When he pulled it open, his eyes widened at the sight: the creative Side was standing in his doorway, looking battered and bruised and was looking at him with a bashful smile despite his split lip.

"Good lord, what the hell happened to you?" Virgil asked, voice tense.

"Just had a run in with a dragon witch that lost her temper," he replied, brushing it off as though it was nothing. "It wasn't anything I haven't handled before, but she got a bit nasty before I could knock her out, and uh... I kinda need someone's help in patching up a few of these injuries if you wouldn't mind. Usually Pat offers, but he's busy filming with Logan."

The anxious Side nodded, trying to keep a level head as he followed the prince into the common room and sat down next to him on the couch. Roman pulled open his suit and shrugged it off with a little wince. Virgil's cheeks flushed red as the realization dawned on him that he would have to touch his shirtless chest. Having been crushing on him for a while, this was going to be difficult to do without making his feelings very obvious.

With a snap of the creative Side's fingers, their was medical supplies next to them on the coffee table. "Okay, so, first you got to wipe away the blood and sanitize the cuts so they don't get infected or anything," he instructed as Virgil reached for the wash cloth.

He nodded in understanding as he walked over to the kitchen and wet the cloth with water from the sink. When he came back, he couldn't help but admire the tranquil expression on Roman's face. It seemed odd that he would be so calm when dealing with injuries that were most likely painful to clean and tend to. "Uh, Princey?" he said to get his attention as he entered the common room again. He blinked and looked up, smiling apologetically. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just feel really tired and calm after a big fight like that, and I like being taken care of," he admitted, looking a little embarrassed. "It brings a warm, serene feeling over me that I don't get often, if you know what I mean."

"I do," Virgil replied as he sat down and began to wipe at the dried blood. "I get that feeling from reading and drawing sometimes, but the best thing is when someone's holding me."

He flushed as he realized what he let slip, clearing his throat as he quickly tried to change the subject. "So why was this dragon witch so mad?" he asked, swallowing back his nervousness. Roman was looking at him curiously and trying not to squirm under the touch of the wet cloth.

"I don't know," he said, shrugging as the anxious Side pulled away the cloth and set it aside.

He picked up the disinfectant wipes and began to tend to the cuts along the prince's chest. However, as he began to clean one of his wounds, Roman noticeably flinched and hissed as a sharp stinging shot through his skin.

"S-Sorry!" he gasped, pulling back as concern shot through him.

"No, no, it's alright," the creative Side reassured, taking a deep breath as he smiled through the pain. "It just stings a little, keep going."

Virgil gnawed on his lip as he hesitated. He looked down nervously, reluctant to continue cleaning the wounds. "I really don't want to hurt you," he breathed, accidentally voicing his thoughts. He flushed, stammering as the prince smiled at him and put a hand gently on his shoulder.

"Hey..." he said, getting him to meet his eyes. "It's okay, you could never hurt me."

The anxious Side's breath caught in his throat as his cheeks warmed even further. He mirrored Roman's smile with his own smaller, shyer smile. With a deep breath, Virgil moved back in to wipe the cuts clean. The prince did him the favor of stifling his wincing to encourage him to keep going. He put some cream on his bruises and bumps that would help with them, and all the was left was the marks and cuts on his face.

He gnawed on his lip again as he raised the cream to a bruise that had formed along his eyebrow. A frown crossed his face. "I know, my perfect face is ruined!" Roman jokingly whined, smiling at him. "I'll never be attractive again!"

"You're beautiful," Virgil mumbled with a shake of his head as rubbed the cream into the skin. The creative Side's eyes widened at his words, making him realize what he'd say. "I mean-"

"Would you stop trying to change the subject whenever you say something sweet?" he scolded, pulling him down with a hand at the junction between his neck and his jaw. Their breathing was in sync and their eyes were locked. Virgil could feel his heart rate increasing, and he could feel it jump when the prince's other hand pulled him closer to him by his waist. He was breathless and speechless as Roman gaze him a dazzling smile. "How would you feel if I kissed you right now?"

A silence fell between them. The anxious Side didn't know how to respond aside from a shaky exhale and a slight nod of his head as his eyes slipped closed. He wasn't expecting him to actually kiss him, but the prince pressed their lips together gently as he pulled him closer by the neck. When Virgil began to kiss back, he winced though.

"Oh gosh, was I being too forceful? Did I overstep?!" he hurried to ask as he pulled away.

Roman smiled at him as he shook his head, reaching up to wipe his lip. "My lip's just split from the fight, you're alright," he reassured, looking a little amused. "Are we okay?"

He paused at the question, gnawing on his lip. "Are we?"

"I think we could be more than okay," he replied, grinning a little. Virgil's heart was still racing as he continued. "I mean, I could be that guy that's there to hold you when you want to be held, and to kiss you if you to be kissed. It's kinda what I'm good at, and I really like making you happy."

"Really? Cause I... I really like you," he said with a shy smile.

Roman grinned more at that, leaning forward to rub the tips of their noses together. "I kinda gathered," he replied with amusement twinkling in his eyes. "You're not very good at hiding it. I could tell you were very nervous when I took off my suit."

"Speaking of which, could you please put it back on so we can lay down? You need rest after a fight like that," he scolded, pulling away to snap away the supplies as the creative Side laughed.

Request Reference