Dancing In Circles (Prinxiety)

August 11th, 2021
A/N: The very highly requested Part 2 for Matching Marks!

Virgil entered the apartment, still feeling shaky after his encounter with his soulmate just fifteen minutes earlier. He heard Patton in the kitchen, likely cooking lunch or testing a new recipe for his shop. He exhaled and quietly tried to pass by without getting his attention.

However, his friend looked up immediately. "Hey Virge! How did your first dance class go?" he chirped. "Come here! I'm working on something new, you can be the first taste tester!"

"Uh, I'm kind of tired Patton-"

"Oh don't be silly, it doesn't take any energy to sit down and eat food that's handed to you," Patton teased, beckoning him over again. The artist sighed heavily, knowing he had no choice. He plopped down into one of the chairs in front of the breakfast bar and tried to look like he wasn't coming down from a panic attack that had nearly caused him to pass out. He thought he was doing a good job, but the concern on Patton's face told him otherwise. "Did everything go okay? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

Virgil shook his head and swallowed. His mouth felt dry as he avoided his friend's gaze. "I kind of... met someone there," he managed.

"Oh? Someone cute?" he asked, happily clapping his hands.

"Yeah, he was... he was really cute and really handsome," he said. "He was the instructor and he was really patient with us even though he usually doesn't teach beginners. His name is Roman... and- uh- he-" He fidgeted with his hands, feeling incredibly nervous to tell someone else the truth. He squeezed his eyes shut and exhaled shakily. "He's my soulmate."

Patton gasped loudly, his hands flying to his mouth. "Oh my gosh! Virgil! That's amazing! Congratulations!!"

Heat rose into the artist's cheeks and the tips of his ears turned red. He always felt embarrassed when Patton acted so supportive; sometimes the man seemed like a father figure despite being only three years older than himself. Virgil managed to nod in agreement, feeling his throat close up. "Yeah, it's great, it's just... a little... weird..."

"What happened?" his friend asked.

"I almost passed out in front of him and the whole class," Virgil whined, reaching up to bury his face in his hands. The humiliation came flooding back as he remembered. "It was fine and nice until like halfway into the class. He took off his shirt and I saw our mark... I felt all dizzy and lightheaded and started blacking out! I went over the side of the room and I recovered fine, but I'm just so embarrassed!"

Patton patted him on the shoulder sympathetically. "Does he know who you are?"

"I don't think so... at least, he didn't act like he knew or anything," he said uncertainly. "I don't remember if we touched or not, so I'm not sure if the marks glowed or if he noticed if it did... mine was covered the whole time so..."

"Well, are you going to go back and see him?" Patton asked, giving him an encouraging grin. "He sounds pretty sweet and you said that he's super handsome."

Virgil swallowed and reached into his bag to pull out the business card that he'd been given. He placed it on the counter and slid it toward his friend, fidgeting nervously as he picked it up. "Roman Prince, wow, what a name!" he said with a chuckle. He briefly read over the information and flipped it over to see a small picture of him. Patton whistled, making the other man's cheeks flush again. "He's a looker, isn't he? I'm assuming you're going to go back for some... private lessons?"

The suggestive wink that Patton gave him made Virgil want to spontaneously combust. "That is not what I-"

"Virge, I was just teasing! I know how you are," he said. "I think that taking some lessons with him is a great idea! You'll get some good physical exercise and you'll get to know your soulmate better. Other than the whole soulmate revelation, how was the class and how are you feeling? Is your head a little clearer?"