Lightning Struck (Prinxiety & Slight Logicality)

March 8th, 2020
Requested by angeloffictionx

Wizardry and witchcraft have many different parts to them.

There are plenty of spell classes to choose from, starting with basics like charms and all the way up to conjuration. If one wishes, they can learn how to manipulate the elements of the universe. The over-achievers try to learn it all, but one never has enough time for that.

Besides the spells, there are potions and other physical creations that can be learned from magic. Enchanted weapons, jewelry, and clothing makers are incredibly wealthy artists that infuse their creations with magic that entice someone of every different need. Potions are used frequently in common households.

Most people who follow magic of any kind respect the other components of it. However, this story is about two young men that just don't get along.

Roman Prince was an incredible spell caster, capable of creating vivid illusions and manipulating different elements of nature around him. He could levitate things into the air, conjure fire and water at will, and make plant life obey him. His skill was unmatched by any other spell casters in the town he lived in. 

Virgil Black was an incredible enchantment craftsman, capable of granting objects with magical abilities and crafting potions to give or take away skills and sensations from people. He could make necklaces that gave the wearer super strength and potions that could take away physical pain. His skill was unmatched by any other enchantment craftsmen in the town he lived in.

Two experts at their own forms of magic; both confident in their abilities. One would think they would have high respect for each other, but the arguments their neighbors overhear on a constant basis would suggest otherwise. 

Virgil and Roman lived next to each other. This lead to quite interesting encounters overheard by their neighbors. 

"Black, I've told you before not to pick the nightshade from my garden!"

"Oh like you need it for your little light shows! Nightshade's a valuable ingredient that you're letting go to waste because of how glitter-filled your head is."

"Excuse me?! Did you just refer to my spells as 'light shows'? That's actually rich coming from the brewer of luminescent fruit punch!"

"It's not fruit punch!"

"PRINCEY! ARE YOU PLAYING WITH FIRE OVER THERE?!"

"Perhaps I am, why does it concern YOU?"

"BECAUSE MY WILLOW TREE ALMOST CAUGHT ON FIRE!!"

"No it didn't! I have everything under control! How dare you doubt my abilities!! And even if I did burn down your tree, can't you brew a potion to regrow one super fast or whatever?"

"THAT IS NOT HOW POTIONS WORK YOU IMBECILE!"

Needless to say, Virgil and Roman have never gotten along, but people often wonder if their hatred for each other was to cover up true feelings of admiration. It wouldn't be too far fetched considering both were proudly out as gay, and those who believed this to be the case ended up being right in the end.

Virgil sighed to himself as the sky above grumbled aggressively. Lightning was flashing, illuminating the blackened clouds and causing the air to grow charged. He wasn't comfortable being out during a storm like this, but the market would certainly be deserted. He could go and collect some water from the fountain instead of trekking into the woods to the stream.