The Opportune Moment (Logicality)

January 17th, 2022
Requested by pineapplethefish

The pranks had started off small. Roman and Virgil had poured salt into Logan's coffee when he wasn't looking. In retaliation, the logical Side filled Roman's hairdryer with flour, supplied by Patton.

It didn't take long for an all out war to break out between the two pairs. Virgil unplugged all of Logan's devices from the chargers overnight. Patton "reorganized" Roman's clothing. Roman put carrots in Patton's morning smoothie. Logan broke all but two of the teeth off one of Roman's combs.

Back and forth they went. The game finally ended when Virgil and Roman legitimately trapped the other two in the closet.

The door swung closed behind the pair with a bang. Roman and Virgil's laughter rang from the other side, making Logan roll his eyes as he tried the doorknob. It was locked, of course.

"Ha! Guess you're really in the closet now!" the princely Side called. "It's okay honey, you can come out! This is a very excepting environment!"

"Oh shut up, Roman," Logan replied.

Patton, standing beside him, scoffed a little. He tried the doorknob as well, to no avail. "How long do you plan on keeping us locked in here?"

"Eh, we'll come get you when we feel like it," Virgil replied, a smirk in his voice.

Their footsteps and laughter receded. Logan sighed and rolled his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. Patton just sat down on the floor cross-legged. The moral Side hummed to himself as he waited, not particularly bothered to be stuck in a closet with his favorite person in the world.

Roman and Virgil returned exactly five minutes later, knocking on the door. "Hey, you guys fully dressed?"

Patton flushed red as Logan scowled. "Why on earth wouldn't we be?"

"No reason, okay, Virgil, unlock the door," the creative Side instructed. Shuffling sounded outside followed by silence. "Uh, Virgil?"

"I uh- I don't have the key," he said quietly.

The words hung in the air between all four of them. Roman tried the doorknob from the outside, finding it to definitely be locked. "Uh, you're sure? We definitely locked it, I'm pretty sure I gave you the key."

"I'm telling you, I don't have it," Virgil said, the tightness in his voice hinting at an increase in anxiety. "Oh god..."

Logan groaned in annoyance as they began to bicker. Patton watched as he pressed his back against the wall and slid down to sit. "Just go find it please," he muttered through the door. "I have work to do and schedules to make."

"I have cookies to bake... hey! That rhymed!" Patton gasped in realization.

The logical Side's lips quirked upwards without being able to help it. Roman and Virgil's voices faded out as they went to go find the key.

Fifteen minutes tick by with nothing from their captors. Patton starts to fidget a bit, tracing patterns into his pants with his finger. Logan watches in fascination. The thought occurs to him that this could be a moment of opportunity for him. They were alone together and in a quiet space.

"Patton," he starts, making the moral Side jump at the sudden sound of his voice. "I have something I'd like to confess."

His voice wavered a little at the end of his sentence, causing him to clear his throat. Patton smiled encouragingly. "Sure, what do you want to tell me?"

"Well, this seems as good an opportunity as any to tell you that I have romantic feelings for you," he said. Patton's eyes go wide and his mouth falls open just a little. "Shocking, I know. I'm not even sure how it's possible given that I am the projection of Thomas' logic and critical thinking, but it seems that I am capable of feeling emotions, love being one of them I feel towards you."

It was quiet between them for a moment before the moral Side spoke. "Wow," he breathed, a grin spreading across his lips. "I feel the same way about you!"

"Really?" Logan asking incredulously.

"Of course! You're my hero! My favorite person ever!" he gushed, scooting over to him. He wrapped his arms around his middle and hugged him. "You're the best!"

Flushed red and stammering, Logan cautiously hugged him back. He looped his arms around Patton and allowed him to lean into him.

"This is... pleasant," he managed.

Patton hummed in agreement and relaxed against him. They were warm and comfortable. The closet was quiet and still. Despite their position not being particularly suited for sleep, both of them dozed off. 

Forty-five minutes later, Virgil and Roman unlocked the door, opening it to find the two soundly asleep cuddling each other.

Roman, of course, took a photo.

Request Reference