Down To The Last Freckle (Prinxiety)

September 15th, 2019
Requested by TrustMcCoolGirl1999

Virgil was everything Roman ever dreamed of and in his eyes, he was perfect. There wasn't a thing he would change about him if he was given the option because he loved him just the way he was. He loved every part of him, right down to the last little freckle hiding beneath his foundation.

Unfortunately, the anxious Side didn't realize this. He didn't believe he was worthy of Roman and all his perfection. He was Creativity, at least the 'pure' side of it, which made him physically flawless. He had toned muscles and defined cheekbones. Not a hair was out of place on his head and not a wrinkle could be found in his suit. His eyes sparkled in a way that seemed unnatural; it was unnatural in a way, considering he was a figment of Thomas' Mind Palace created to represent 'pure' Creativity after he and Remus split apart. Needless to say, Virgil was self conscious about being in a relationship with such a perfect being.

He wasn't perfect. He had scars, he was skinny, and his complexion was too pale. His bony hips made it uncomfortable to cuddle or hug him in his opinion. His arms were like twigs compared to Roman's and his voice wasn't nearly as nice. He looked practically malnourished. 

These were the things Virgil was thinking about at 12 AM. He took shuttering breaths the best he could but still found himself working up into a panic. His head was throbbing and his vision had begun to swim with tears. They poured down his cheeks as he hugged himself, rocking back and forth on his bed. 

He doesn't truly love me, he thought despairingly. He couldn't possibly love someone as gross as me...

As he sobbed into his knees, he didn't realize how loud he was being. Roman was still awake in his room down the hall and was writing for a script when he heard the crying. His head turned toward the doorway as he listened. "That sounds like Virge," he said, heart rate spiking. "Why is he crying at midnight?!"

The prince jumped to his feet and raced down the hall. He knocked on the door but received no answer from the sobbing Side, so he tried the doorknob. It was locked, making his heart race even faster. He did not like the idea of Virgil having his door locked while he was having a breakdown. It caused many paranoid and dark possibilities to flood his mind. "Virgil!" he yelled through the door. "Virgil, I'm coming in!!"

He braced himself and took a couple steps back. With all his strength, he kicked the door, causing it to swing inward with a loud clank. They were lucky Logan and Patton had late night filming to do and wouldn't be yelling at them for making noise so late. 

"Virgil!" Roman exclaimed, running forward. 

He was relieved to see him curled up on his bed and not in any other state than panic. He took a deep breath and joined him on the bed, slowly and gently wrapping his arms around him so he wouldn't make it worse. The anxious Side curled into his embrace as he shushed him softly. After a few minutes of breathing exercises and back rubs, he was calmly laying against him, sniffling occasionally.

"Virgil, my love, what's wrong?" he asked as he ran his fingers through his hair. 

"It's just... I don't know why you love me," the darkly dressed Side admitted. "You're so perfect and good and handsome... I'm just disgusting and ugly..."

The creative Side's heart figuratively broke in his chest at his boyfriend's words and painfully honest tone. It was clear that he genuinely believed what he said was true, which it wasn't. Roman sighed and brushed his bangs away from his eyes. "Virgil, none of that is true," he said. "I love you because you're incredibly handsome in your own ways. I love you because you're funny and caring and because you're the reason I have such a strong role in Thomas' life. I love your smile, your laugh, your eyes..."

Virgil cheeks grew pink as he gazed at him with wide eyes to prove his point. This made him smile as he poked his cheeks affectionately. "I love every part of you, down to the last freckle on your face," he said, leaning forward to kiss the tip of his nose.

"O-Oh... I forgot I wasn't wearing makeup," he said softly, cheeks obviously redder than they were a moment ago. A small smile spread across his lips. "Thank you, Roman."

"You're welcome, my love," the prince replied, hugging him closer.

Request Reference