Living Vicariously Through Sims (Logicality)

August 16th, 2020
A/N: I'm not dead! The irony of my name being Death is not lost to me though.

I realized it had been a while since a fluffy Logicality one shot, so have this because I've spent way too much time creating the ideal lives for Sims that I want lol

Patton wasn't a huge gamer, but he did enjoy many video games! He liked classics like Frogger or Pac-Man the most, but he didn't mind some newer games like Super Mario Bros or Animal Crossing. A game he'd recently picked back up was The Sims 4.

Being able to design perfect lives for characters was relaxing and entertaining for him, but he did start to get a little bored with hitting the randomizer on the character customization screen. Patton wasn't very good at making the characters. The controls were a bit wonky and there were so many tiny details you could tweak that he got a little panicked when first trying to use it. He usually just let the game pick.

Today he was feeling adventurous. He wanted to try and make someone himself.

Patton selected the male presets for the character on the screen, a randomly generated male Sim popping up a few seconds later. He started with the skin, deciding to make him a warm white shade and give him lots of freckles. His nose looked a little too big though. He changed it to one that was more flattering and button-like. Changing the eyes to be more wide and animated, he began to realize that the Sim looked astonishingly like himself.

"Huh... I didn't intend that, but why not? Let's make me!" Patton said to himself.

His tongue poked out of his mouth as he concentrated. He gave himself the little belly he had from one too many cookies. He choose the perfect pair of glasses and matched his hair style the best he could.

The next step was all the outfits. Patton grinned; this was always his favorite part. He gave himself a daily that matched his own, but then had lots of fun with the formal and party outfits, giving himself a pretty white tuxedo and a bright blue bowtie. He didn't spend much time on swimwear or sleepwear, but made sure to give himself bunny slippers before finishing the Sim.

"That was so fun!!" he giggled to himself as he picked out traits that matched his own. A idea struck him and made him gasp. "I wanna make Logan!"

The logical man was a bit more difficult. His cheek bones were more defined and his jawline was sharper. The angles of his face were more pronounced, but not in a way that made him look mean or creepy. His eyes were a bit more narrow. 

Patton frowned with concentration, but about twenty minutes later, he had a Sim that looked like Logan.

He dropped the two of them into a world and clapped his hands excitedly. "What should I have us do?" he thought aloud. "I mean, I tell him jokes all the time and try to make him smile, so I could start with that!"

He clicked on the socialization options and began having his Sim chat with Logan. As he watched their friendship meter fill, the option to flirt was suggested in his social options.

Patton's eyes went wide and he froze in his seat. A warmth rose into his cheeks and he looked around his room even though he knew no one else was there. If he was honest with himself, he'd always had a crush on Logan. He sighed and looked back at the screen. What the heck? There's no harm in dreaming.

He selected the flirting options, watching the Sims that looked like himself and his best friend laugh and talk and flirt. They started holding hands and kissing each other on the cheek, making a smile spread across his lips.

I wish that's how we were, he thought, thinking of his roommate who was likely reading in the other room.

The Sims were now boyfriends and Patton honestly couldn't stop playing. A few hours later, his friend knocked on the door and entered. "Patton? You've been in here for hours," he said.

He spun around in the chair and flushed bright red. Patton quickly turned off his monitor.

Logan scowled. "Please tell me I didn't just catch you watching porn."

"What!? No! Of course not! You know I'm not like that!" he exclaimed, his voice going squeaky with embarrassment.

"Alright, then what were you doing that has you so embarrassed?" Logan inquired, crossing the room. He leaned over his shoulder and turned the monitor back on. The Sims game displayed where it had left off, which was in the middle of a date between Sim Patton and Sim Logan. They were cuddling on a park bench. "Oh."

Patton hid his face in his hands. "Sorry, I really didn't want you to find out like this, this is do embarrassing! I just got bored and then I made me, so I thought I'd make you, and then the game was like, what if you flirt? And I've always liked you, so I just rolled with it so I could imagine us like that, and I'm saying way too much, and I'm so sorry!"

Silence fell as his best friend just stared at him. "You could've simply asked me on a date if that's what you desired," he then stated. "I promise it would be more fulfilling than living vicariously through your Sim."

Patton gaped. "Would you say yes?!"

"Patton, why would I suggest it if I planned to reject you? I'm not cruel, a little bit confused by emotions sometimes, but not intentionally cruel," he replied. He cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. "How about this? Patton, would you like to accompany me on a date this weekend?"

The young man nodded dumbly, a stupidly lovesick grin spreading across his lips. "Yes please, I'd love to!"