Troubled Dreams (Prinxiety)

September 3rd, 2018

Roman's POV:

I was laying in bed with my boyfriend, having a Disney marathon in my room. My bed was softer, was what he claimed, but I think it also has to do with my room's aura. It has a calming affect on him; despite that being a bad thing in typical scenarios where his input was vital, in downtime it was a nice get away for him which I'm happy to provide when I can. He goes through enough with the natural anxiety that makes up his entity in Thomas' mind.

Virgil was laying on my chest, sound asleep after the fourth movie despite his attempts to stay awake. I smiled down at him as he moved closer to me, liking the feeling of him close to me. However he suddenly let out a sharp whimper, beginning to shake and whine in his sleep.

"Virge?" I tried as he began to squirm. He cried out, shaking turning into flailing as whatever he was dreaming about became worse. "Virgil! Virgil, wake up!"

He gasped awake, scrambling away from me. "Whoa, whoa, breathe for me, breathe for me kitten," I said quickly, pulling him to my chest and stroking his hair as he shook and panted. "You're alright, it was just a dream."

"It just... felt so real," he managed to mumble into my chest. 

"That's probably my room," I murmured apologetically. "Dreams are always more pleasant and vivid, but the same goes for nightmares... sorry, I should've been making sure that didn't happen."

Virgil shook his head quickly. "No, it's okay," he said quietly. "It was just really scary. You were dying at my feet and I couldn't do anything but watch... It was just horrifying..."

I felt my heart clench at the pure terror in his voice as he talked about seeing me die. "Well, listen," I whispered, talking about the act that his head was against my chest. His eyes fluttered closed as he listened to my heartbeat, steady and true. "I'm okay, I'm fine."

He nodded, pulling away. "I just love you a lot," he said, smiling a little. I returned it, leaning in to kiss him slowly and gently. He sighed against my lips as I felt the tension in his body disappear. I pulled back to rub our noses together in a bunny kiss.

"I love you a lot too," I said sweetly as our marathon continued.