There's Nothing Holding Me Back (Prinxiety)

September 27th, 2020
A/N: Look, I'm freaking obsessed with Yuri!!! On Ice again, and this is one of my favorite songs and possibly my favorite AMV I've ever seen. I decided to continue just vibing and writing some feel good song inspired one shots like the last one. Basically I'm gonna write the banquet scene but a bit different and with Prinxiety instead, okay? Let me live lol

Roman swirled his glass of champagne, trying to keep up a dazzling smile. With such a high class crowd, he constantly had to maintain his perfect façade of being the remarkable EGOT winning Roman Prince. He was a bachelor with flawless looks and a voice no one could match. He had people of every identity swooning over him around the world. The people attending this party would expect him to live up to the hype. 

He wasn't super familiar with whoever he was listening to, but fortunately, he had his agent by his side to make up for his lack of interest or knowledge. Logan Sharp was the sharply dressed man beside him who was eyeing him with disapproval. 

It seemed that despite being one of the greatest actors of his generation, Roman couldn't fool his best friend. He swallowed back a small smirk at the thought.

The actor took a sip of his champagne and heard someone talking not too far away. He glanced over his shoulder, seeing the well-known director Patton Valentine practically pushing someone to join the party. He watched curiously and tried to overhear their conversation.

"- no one even knows me, Patton, please can't I just go home? This is awful," the young man he was pushing said.

"You have to get your name out there more, that's part of the job! Also, that's not true! Some people will definitely know you!" his friend encouraged. "Your short film was incredible! I'm sure that other people in the industry took notice and are bound to recognize you!"

Roman blinked a little and tried his hardest not to scowl in confusion as he tried to place his face. He'd watched a lot of short films in his time and racked his mind for anything he'd seen recently. He peered back at the mystery man and blinked. Oh, I think his name is Virgil Black? he thought to himself. I saw a short film with him earlier this year. It was that half hour film about a gay songwriter who tries to tell the man he loves about his feelings, but the man is straight and mistakes his song as being about a girl. I remember how moved I was by his voice and his expressions when he gave up trying at the end... I wonder if he's been auditioning for any bigger projects...

"I doubt it and I don't feel comfortable talking to anyone here but you, and you've got people you need to see. Can I please just go home?" Virgil pleaded, looking desperate.

Patton frowned firmly and shook his head. "No way young man, I refuse to let your potential go to waste. You have a serious chance in making it in this industry, and a party like this is a fantastic place to make contacts. Now go get grab a drink and loosen up a little. I'm going to go talk to people."

The director walked away from him, leaving him alone in the middle of the room. Virgil looked uncomfortable as he picked up a glass of champagne. It was clear he didn't want to be there.

Roman blinked and focused back on the person talking to him; truthfully, he hadn't listened to a word they had said. He nodded and smiled, playing off of what Logan was saying to make it seem like he had been. He felt a little bit bad about it. Usually, he was better about paying attention, but the arrival of Virgil Black had drawn his attention for some reason. He barely knew anything about him. He doubted he would get to talk to him during the party either.

It was about ten minutes later when the conversation ended and the person talking to him walked away. Logan turned to him with an arched eyebrow. "You didn't listen to anything they said, did you?" he said. He always got straight to the point. "You're acting very distracted tonight. Is there something wrong?"