Chapter 67

"Jada is fine and is with Killa and I trust that she's safe with him," Aaliyah said.

"But this shit don't seem right and some how Andre shit is here? The only way I can see that happening is if Nae was here or if it was something wrong with her and it was some kind of sign", he said.

"If it was some kind of sign and Jada's shit is out here too then what?", Aaliyah asked. "I get that it's not your problem but-"

"Jada will always be a priority to me no matter what?", Dre said after he interrupted Aaliyah.

"I suppose that's true but it looks like Nae is too", Aaliyah said.

"So, if she's in trouble you expect me to just let her get hurt or worst die?", Dre asked.

"I didn't say that, but me and you both know that she isn't in trouble", Aaliyah said. "And if anything she deserves it"

Dre made a face.

"She almost had you kill", Aaliyah said.

"For my son", Dre said. "That's what I would want her to do"

"I would've found any way to keep the both of you alive", Aaliyah said. "Dre she didn't care about you"

"I don't care. Maybe if I was dead, Andre would still be alive", Dre said. "But instead he isn't and I didn't even spend as much time as I wanted to with him"

Aaliyah looked down.

"I been holding things back and trying to stay strong but it's hard", Dre said.

Aaliyah touched his cheek. "I'm here, remember that", she said.

Dre sighed.

"I'm calling the police", she said.

"No", Dre said. "I don't fuck with them. They gone do shit anyways"

"Somebody broke in, Dre", Aaliyah said. "What else am I supposed to do"

"How about we just go to Carmen's house while I think about it?", Dre said.

"...I wanna get Jada first", she said.

"And we can do that", he said.

Aaliyah nods.

"Come on", he said and he walked her out the apartment.

"What about the door?", she asked.

"Fuck it. Your safety is more important", he said.

Aaliyah sighed and began walking to car.

Dre watched her then walked back into the apartment and grabbed Andre's toy car, then he walked out.

As Dre and Aaliyah were driving, she was trying to get a hold of Carmen but she wasn't answering.

"I don't know if she's home. Maybe we need to get a hotel tonight", Aaliyah said.

"Yea that's probably better anyway", Dre said. "Just go ahead and call Ki-"

Suddenly, another car runs into them Aaliyah's side. The car went across the road and came to a stop once it hit a pole.

Aaliyah was unconscious and Dre was trying to keep his conscious.

"Aaliyah?", he said. He didn't know if she was dead or if she had just passed out. "Liyah"

Suddenly, his eyes began closing as he saw guys coming to the car.

They took both Dre and Aaliyah out of the car and put them in the back of the van.

"Why not just kill them?", one of the guys asked.