Chapter 42

Aaliyah had a good dinner with Dre that night, but it was the next night and Dre had to handle business for Killa.

"I need y'all to go rob the bitches. It's that simple", Killa said.

"Muthafucka I heard you the first time. That wasn't my fucking question. I wanna know some shit that much pop off while we do it. I ain't about to just run up in somebody house and I don't know shit about them", Dre said.

"The guys will tell you all you need to know about them", Killa said. "Anybody you see just shoot em"

"Alright bruh", Dre said as he walked away. When he walked away he lit his blunt and began smoking.

"Ay you been hitting blunt a lot lately", one of the guys that Dre was going with said.

"Got a lot of shit going on. It calms me", Dre said as the walked to the truck.

"...I'm sorry about what happened to your son. How you feeling about that?", he asked.

"I mean he's my son. How is a parent not supposed to feel miserable about their four year getting shot", Dre said.

"...how about an unborn child and girlfriend", he said.

Dre looked at him then back forward. "Somebody shot your girlfriend or who ever she was while she was pregnant?", he asked.

The guy nods. "Yea... right in front of me too", he said. "I know we never really talked but I thought I'd just check on you dawg cause I know how it feels"

Dre stopped walking and so does the guy. "Did it just keep repeating in your head during the day? In dreams?", Dre asked.

"Yea", he replied.

"When did it stop?", Dre asked.

"It didn't... I just got used to it", he replied.

Dre looked down.

The guy started walking and so did Dre. "I wasn't even in a gang when that happened. I just joined it to get back at the people who killed them...but honestly these people like family. Everybody may act tough on the outside, I mean we are some mean muthafuckas, but we easy to talk to", he said. "Come to think of it, I see why Killa wanted you to work with him so bad. You like the first new dude to not be nervous to talk shit back to him"

"I guess", Dre said. "Let's just get this shit over with"

While Dre and the other guys walked to the car. Killa called Aaliyah.

"Hello?", Aaliyah said.

"Hey, how's Jada?", he asked.

"Fine", Aaliyah said.

"You know, you didn't have to have Carmen come pick Jada up yesterday. I told you I was sorry about the kiss", Killa said.

"I was actually out with Dre last night so that's why she came instead of me", Aaliyah said.

"Oh... well how y'all doing?", Killa asked.

"Alright", Aaliyah replied.

"I'm surprised you didn't tell him", Killa said.

"...I want to but I don't want any beef between the two of you", Aaliyah said. "Besides, we both know it was your mind playing tricks on you because of your feelings for Carmen"

Killa shook his head. "I'm going to let you think that", Killa said. "But okay"

"Mhm... well Jada is doing fine. She with her babysitter. Me and Carmen are busy doing something so I need to go", Aaliyah said.

"Alright. Bye", Killa said.

"Bye", Aaliyah replied before hanging up.

Killa removed his phone from his ear.

"What kiss?", a voice asked behind him.

Killa knew who it was before he even turned around. It was Dre.

Dre looked at him with a mean mug and dropped his blunt and stepped on it before he began walking a little closer to him. "You kissed my wife?", he asked.

"Bruh, listen it was an mistake", Killa said.

Dre swung at Killa and Killa dodged it but Dre hit him with the second punch and put him against the wall.

"You lucky you're Jada's father or I'd kill yo ass", Dre said. "I knew you was starting to feel some type of way about her, I thought I was just tripping"

"I'm going to let that hit slide because I deserved it, but hit me again and I won't be too generous", Killa said.

"Bitch I don't give a fuck", Dre said.

Killa pushed Dre off of him.

"Stay away from her or next time I won't be too generous", Dre said before he began walking away. "Had me waste a blunt on yo dumb ass, I fuck you up that"

Killa rolled his eyes. "I don't want her", Killa said.

Dre stopped walking and walked to Killa. "Yea, you don't. Who you want is Carmen and Carmen ain't Aaliyah", Dre said. "So if you wanna kiss on somebody it should've been her, not me"

"Why does everybody keep saying that", Killa said.

"Maybe because it's true", Dre said. "But I ain't come to talk about your love life unless you tryna bring Aaliyah in it. I just forgot my phone"

Dre grabbed his phone off chair.

"Oh and by the way she didn't kiss me back so...don't think she did", Killa said.

Dre heard him but ignored him and walked outside. As Dre walked outside, Olin was walking in.

"What's wrong with you?", Olin said.

"Ya boy about to be in a casket. That's what's wrong with me", Dre said as he continued walking.

Olin made a face and walked inside with his hands out to the side. "What happened?", Olin asked.

"Just shut up", Killa said.

"Let me guess.. you finally told Aaliyah you liked her?", he asked. "...or did you tell Dre? Now nigga that was a dumb ass move if you did because you could've just kept that shit on the low"

Killa shook his head and walked passed Olin.

Olin sucked his teeth. "So you just going to leave me hangin?", Olin asked.

Killa walked outside.

"Well then", Olin said to himself.

TO BE CONTINUED...