Chapter 34

Aaliyah didn't really see Dre during the day. She thought that he probably needed space so she didn't bother him much.

Aaliyah stayed in the hotel room with Carmen.

"I miss Jada so much", Aaliyah said.

Carmen was quiet.

Aaliyah looked at her and it looked like she was thinking about something.

"Killa thinks I shouldn't go see her", Aaliyah said.

Carmen still didn't say anything.

"Are you okay?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yes, I'm fine", Carmen said.

"I was talking to you", Aaliyah said.

"Sorry. I was just thinking about something. I'll be right back", Carmen said as she got up. "I just need to go get something from Killa"

"...okay", Aaliyah replied as she made a face.

Carmen grabbed her key and left.

Aaliyah laid back and got on her phone. Suddenly, she got a call from Dre so she answered it.

"Hello?", Aaliyah answered.

She heard talking but it was faint.

"Hello?", she repeated.

Aaliyah began to listen closer and held Dre's and Nae's voice.

"Nae, I'm not going to lie. You still do mean a lot to me bu-"

"So why are you treating me like this?! Why start doing the things I wanted you to do when we were together, to her", Nae asked.

Dre didn't say anything.

"I did everything for you. Everything you asked me to do, I did it", Nae said.

"You broke up with me", Dre said. "You were the first girl I ever gave a fuck about and you left me!"

"Because I barely saw you!", Nae replied.

"I had to make money! For you and for Andre. Hell I was still giving you money even after we broke up", Dre said. "Unlike you, she was patient and eventually we spent more time together"

"Unlike me?", Nae asked. "Unlike me?"

Dre sighed. "Nae you know I didn't mean it like that...listen Nae I was young. Hell I still am! I'm learning everyday. You think Aaliyah and I's relationship is perfect? It's not!", Dre said. "I'm not different because I'm with a different woman. I'm different because I grew up"

Aaliyah looked down.

"If you felt a way about me this whole time, then...never mind it doesn't even matter", Dre said.

Nae walked closer to Dre. "Then we could've started over?", Nae asked.

Dre didn't say anything.

Nae caressed his cheek. "Answer a question for me...honestly, because I'll know if you're lying. Would you date me again?", nae asked.

Dre grabbed her hand and put it down. "I'm married", Dre said.

"I know but I didn't ask you that", Nae said.

Dre looked at his phone to give himself time to answer but he realized that he was calling Aaliyah. Dre quickly put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?", Dre said.

"Would you?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre palmed his face with his other hand. "Aaliyah...", Dre stopped talking and sighed.