Chapter 20

The next morning, Aaliyah woke up and Dre was holding her as he slept. Aaliyah slightly touched his arm to move it but Dre woke up and held her tighter.

"Dre I have to use the restroom", Aaliyah said.

Dre cleared his throat and began talking with his eyes closed. "Keep the door open or I swear to god I'll kick it down", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked down.

Dre moves his arm and Aaliyah got out the bed and walked into the bathroom.

Dre finally opened his eyes and watched her.

"Yet you said you wouldn't treat me different", Aaliyah said.

"Don't do that. Don't try to guilt trip me. You know what you did last night", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked away and rolled her eyes.

"I am trying to help you Aaliyah and if you can't see that then you really need help", Dre said.

Aaliyah continued not to look at him.

———————————————

Last night, Carmen when to Atlanta, Georgia to see Jay. But she wanted til the morning to go by his house.

"Hey little brother", Carmen said with a smile. "Miss me? Because I missed you"

"What's going on now?", Jay asked.

"What do you mean?", Carmen asked.

"Aaliyah comes here to talk to me but you on the other hand, you come when you need something", Jay said.

Carmen rolled her eyes. "Alright. Here's the thing. Aaliyah is...going through some things and -"

"She overdosed. I know", Jay said.

"How did you know?", Carmen asked.

"Dre told me",jay replied. "I just don't get it. She was doing good. I thought that I got through to her"

"She's been going through postpartum depression", Carmen replied. "It has gotten bad"

Jay sat down. "What do you need me to do?", Jay asked.

"You're good at finding information out. Find out who gave Aaliyah the drugs", Carmen said.

"Why?", Jay asked.

"Because I need to know", Carmen said.

"How is that going to help Aaliyah?", Jay asked.

"Don't worry about it", Carmen said.

"What? You gonna get rid of them? Aaliyah chose to take those drugs", Jay said.

"I don't care. They gave it to her", Carmen said

"They were doing their job", Jay said.

"Listen, you don't understand how it was growing up for us. You have the perfect family, you had the opportunities to do something good in your life! I didn't, she didn't, because our mom started out just like what Aaliyah is going through right now", Carmen said.

"And like I said, Aaliyah is responsibility for her actions. Killing somebody, isn't going to help her.", Jay said.

"It's going to help me", Carmen said.

"Carmen you need to calm down and recollect", Jay said.

Carmen walked up to Jay and looked up at him.

"Your short ass can mean mug me all you want", Jay said.

Carmen looked him up and down and began walking to the door.