Chapter 2

Dre's heart stopped as he looked at Jada's anklet that Jay's mom was holding.

"What's wrong?", she asked.

Dre threw the device against the wall as he angry.

Jay's mom jumped.

Dre began crying as he broke down on the ground on his knees.

Jay and Jaclyn heard the noise and ran over. They didn't say anything because they knew if they saw Dre like that, that it wasn't good.

Aaliyah peaked her head outside the door of her room. "Is everything-"

Aaliyah stopped talking when she saw Dre in his knees crying.

"Dre?", Aaliyah said softly.

Andre walked over to Dre and touched him.

"Come here", Dre said said as he hugged him tight.

Aaliyah made a face.

"What happened?", Jay's mom asked and before she looked at Jaclyn. "And Jacky where's Jada?"

Jaclyn didn't say anything.

Aaliyah quickly came outside the room. "Where's Jada?", Aaliyah asked.

"Aaliyah, your dressed. That's bad luck", Jay's mom said.

"Where's my daughter?", Aaliyah asked as she got even more worried.

Dre stood up and grabbed Aaliyah's hand.

"Dre what's going on?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre didn't say anything he just walked Aaliyah outside.

"Somebody wanna cue me in?", Jay's mom asked.

Jaclyn told her mom what happened.

"Oh my goodness", she said as she touched her chest. "But are you okay?"

"Yes mom", Jaclyn replied.

"Y'all aren't going to call the police?", Jay's mom asked.

"We thought that we could find her but I guess not", Jay said as he looked at the anklet in his mom's hand.

"Well, I'm calling him now", she said as she walked away.

———————————————-

Dre and Aaliyah got outside.

"Dre I never seen you like this. What happened to Jada?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre sniffed a little. He tried to toughen up for Aaliyah. "I thought that stuff was changing for us, but every time we take a step forward, somebody brings us six steps back", he said.

Aaliyah listened to him but really she just wanted to know what happened.

Dre sighed. "Jaclyn was outside with Jada and some guys pulled up on her and took Jada and left", he said.

"Took-...took Jada?", Aaliyah asked as she started to panic.

Dre grabbed her arms. "Aaliyah breathe. We are going to get her back", Dre said.

Aaliyah jerked away from him. "We got lucky sometimes in the past with things but others we didn't and when we didn't get lucky somebody got hurt or killed", she said.

"Aaliyah let me tell you something, if anybody harms my baby, our baby, in anyway I'm killing them on the spot but guess what that's not going to happen. They aren't going to harm her because I'm going to find her", he said. "But either way somebody dying"