Chapter 32

Aaliyah went to the hospital where they helped her with her foot and she has to walk with crutches. At the moment they were in his car, sitting in the parking lot.

"I feel bad", Killa said.

"What happened tonight wasn't your fault", Aaliyah said.

"It was. I heard everything that was going on and I should've came in, but I was listening to Dre because he told guys not to come in no matter what until we heard the signal from him", Killa said. "And now his son is gone because of me"

Aaliyah stopped walking and grabbed Killa face and turned it to her. "Hey, hey it is not your fault. Nobody knew Andre was there", she said. "Everything happened so fast and Dre probably forgot because he was too busy being scared for his son's life"

Aaliyah let go of his face.

"That could've been Jada", Killa said.

Aaliyah looked down because she remembered what Ron told her.

"And if it was Dre would've went against my word and came in no matter what but I didn't even do the same because I didn't wanna make things worst", Killa said.

"...either way, Ron was going to shoot Andre if you guys came in", Aaliyah said. "And same thing goes for Jada if she was in the situation"

"Who even shoots a child?", Killa asked.

Aaliyah began sniffing. "He wanted us to know how it feels to loose a loved one", Aaliyah said. "Or have them murdered...other than me, Andre was all he had left"

Killa looked down.

Aaliyah starred to cry but stopped herself. "I miss him already", she said as continued trying not to make herself cry.

Killa grabbed her hands and held it. He rubbed his thumb over the top of her hand.

"I'm sorry", Killa said.

"Stop, okay? This isn't your fault", Aaliyah said as she grabbed her shirt and pulled him toward her. "It's not and Dre will tell you the same"

"Okay but if I could save him, what makes you think I could save my own daughter?", Killa said.

"...you will...I wouldn't let her be around you if I knew you couldn't protect her", Aaliyah said as she let go of his shirt.

Killa stayed close to her. In the same position he pulled her in.

"Stop making yourself feel like a bad person because you aren't...at first you seemed like the type of guy that didn't care about anyone but now...things have changed", she said. "For the better"

"...my assumptions werent the best of you at first ... but you're different from what I imagined...in a good way", he said.

Aaliyah looked down and Killa lifted her head up. Aaliyah looked at him and Killa was looking at her.

"Everything is going to be okay...if you need somebody to talk to, I'm here", Killa said.

Aaliyah nods.

Killa stopped touching her chin and put her hand on the steering wheel, and his other hand on the gear shift and began backing out the driveway.

—————

Dre was with Nae at the time. They were at Nae's house, inside of Andre's bedroom.

Dre was already sitting on his bed when Nae sat next to him.

"I am so sorry Dre", Nae said.

"Just stop, Nae", Dre said. "You didn't know what he was up to"