Chapter 71

That night, when Dre got back he saw Aaliyah laying on the couch, sleep. He picked her up and Aaliyah quickly opened her eyes and started to panic.

"It's me", Dre said calmly. "Calm down baby"

Aaliyah let of a sigh of relief. "You scared me", Aaliyah said.

"I'm sorry. I was going to take you upstairs", he said as he started walking with her, holding her bridal style.

Aaliyah put her head on his shoulder. She couldn't really see his face but she felt like something was wrong.

"You okay?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea", Dre said. "I'll be even better once we move"

Dre put Aaliyah in the bed and began walking to the other side.

"Move? Where?", Aaliyah asked.

"...out of the country", he said.

"What about Jada. I mean like I don't know how he'd feel about that", Aaliyah said.

"He's fine with it", Dre said as he sat on the edge of the bed to take off his shoes.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"I notice when it's just us, things kinda go better. You said you wanted normal, so what better way to have that then to start over?", Dre asked as he took his shirt off.

"We can't just up and go and not have a place to stay when we get there", Aaliyah said.

"I already have that handled. Don't worry about it", Dre said.

"Where is there even at?", Aaliyah asked.

"You'll see", Dre said.

Aaliyah touched her head as if she was stressed out and she was. So much was happening all at once.

"Are you running from Nae or something?", Aaliyah said.

"Nae isn't somebody we need to worry about", Dre said.

Aaliyah got quiet. She knew what he meant by that.

"I'm tired of moving from place to place because shit pops off, this will be good for us Aaliyah", Dre said. "It's just up to you"

Aaliyah sighed.

"...Let's just sleep. I'm tired", Dre said as he got under the covers with her and held her. "I love you"

"I love you too. Goodnight", Aaliyah said.

"Goodnight", Dre replied.

——————————

1 week had past and Aaliyah, Dre and Jada were getting ready to leave.  Aaliyah and Dre decided that moving was a good thing but she didn't wanna go out of the country. Instead they're moving across the country to Arizona.

"I can't believe you're leaving me", Carmen said.

"I know an I'm sorry. We just think it's best", Aaliyah said. "And they have the best physical therapist there"

Carmen nods as she smiles, "I'm happy for you guys", she said.

"Thanks. But if you don't mind. We have a plane to catch", Dre said.

"Oh, go right ahead", Carmen said as she bend over to hug Aaliyah. "Im going to miss you"

Aaliyah smiled. "I'm going to miss you too", Aaliyah said with a chuckle but really she's wanted to cry. "Even though I'll see you and Killa in like a week"

Carmen pulled away. "True, but with our crazy ass life's, who knows", she said as she hugged Dre. "Treat my sister right. Next time you make her cry, I won't be too nice"