Chapter 58

A few days later, Aaliyah was getting dressed to meet Deshawn for a therapy session. As she did that, she heard the front door shut. She knew it was Dre because he was supposed to be coming to get his other things.

As she put her shoes on he came into the room.

"What's up", he said as he kinda looked at what she had on. He could tell she was about to go somewhere.

Aaliyah had her hair in a slick back low ponytail with a side part. Her make up was done but it was more of a natural look. She had on a pink sweater, some blue jeans and some tan Ugg's.

"Where you going?", he asked as he walked into the closet, seeming like he was just asking a question and didn't really care but he did.

"Out", she said softly.

"I see you weren't lying when you said you packed my shit", he said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything because she didn't really have anything to say. She just took her phone off the charger.

Dre picked up his bags and walked out the closet.

Aaliyah got up and waited for him to walk out the room first but Dre just stood there.

"What?", he asked.

"You gone go? I'm about to leave", she said as she looked at the time.

"Yea Aaliyah", he said in an annoyed tone.

Dre walked out the room and Aaliyah followed him.

"Don't forget to leave the key", she said.

"I already put it on the kitchen table", he said as he opened the front door.

Aaliyah walked out with him and locked the door behind her.

"You been alright?", Dre asked.

"I've been fine", Aaliyah replied as she turned to him to walk to her car. "Just make sure that you take care of yourself"

Aaliyah walked to her car and Dre stood there for a moment making a face. He didn't know if Aaliyah was hiding her emotions or if she was just fine with the divorce.

Dre shook his head and walked to his car.

——————————

Aaliyah walked into Deshawn's office and Deshawn sat down.

"You can sit, lay down which ever makes your comfortable", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah sat on the couch. "I'm a little nervous", she said with a chuckle.

"Usually my clients who are nervous lay down. It relaxes them", he said as he grabbed his clipboard.

Aaliyah laid back.

"So..what brings you here today?", he asked.

"Umm... well it's like I wanna be a better person for myself and for others but it's like I'm holding myself back", Aaliyah said. "I never been to a therapy session before so I don't really know what to say"

"You doing good, Aaliyah. But what things have you done that has made you feel like you're not a better person?", he asked.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"Let me ask something different. Why do you feel like you aren't a better person?", he asked.

"...I keep having these thoughts like I'm not good enough. I've suffered with depression and I still am", Aaliyah said. "But it wasn't as bad unless I had my baby. I mean it's getting better but it's not completely gone"