Chapter 6

The next night, Aaliyah and Dre on the way to make the "exchange".

"When we get there, follow my lead", Dre said as he drove down the road.

"Dre, Kurt said-"

"I don't give a damn what he said. We're following my lead", Dre said as he glanced at his phone.

"It's been a minute since you've been in situations like this Dre. You have a lot on your mind too so who says you're going to be alert", Aaliyah said.

"Vice versa", Dre said.

"I've always had a lot on my mind Dre", Aaliyah said. "Yet, I'm always alert"

"So, have I", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked out the window. "I have been fending for myself since day one. I'm not your little puppy that you have to protect all of the time", Aaliyah said.

"You say that but you've gotten yourself in the most shit", Dre said. "And your not my puppy, you're my wife"

Aaliyah looked at him.

"Us arguing right now isn't going to help us", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked back out the window.

"And I never said you couldn't fend for yourself", Dre said. "I just...I just don't want to take any chances"

"We're fighting for the same thing", Aaliyah said. "I'm willing to take all of the chances I have"

Dre didn't say anything.

———————————————

Dre pulled up at the location and looked at his phone.

"Expecting someone important?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre ignored her question. "We're early", he said as he looked around and Aaliyah looked back out the window.

She noticed a black truck with tinted windows, after she looked at the license plate, she realized that the same truck was at the warehouse. "Yet, Kurt's boys are here already", Aaliyah said.

Dre was looking at a couple of guys going into the building and they looked suspicious to him.

They were supposed to meet the buyers in the basement of a club.

"We need to go", Aaliyah said.

"Wait", Dre said as he looked at his phone.

"Dre, Kurt's people are here", Aaliyah said. "And they shouldn't be"

"I know", Dre said.

"So, why are we still here?", Aaliyah asked.

"Wait", Dre said.

Dre's phone notification went off and he looked at it.

"Who's that?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre start put the car in reverse and sped off.

Aaliyah's eyes got wide. "Dre what are you doing?", Aaliyah asked.

"Jay has Jada", Dre said.

"What? How did he find her?", Aaliyah asked.

"I'll explain later", Dre said as he drove even faster.

"Dre we have drugs in the car you're causing attention", Aaliyah said.

"I don't care. We need to get to Jada before they find out she's gone", Dre said.

"If the plan was for jay to get Jada than why did we go to the club?", Aaliyah asked.

"Just in case we had to go through with it, if Jay didn't get Jada", Dre said.

Aaliyah closed her eyes. "Why didn't you tell me about this plan?", Aaliyah asked.

"I didn't want to get your hopes up", Dre said.

"I could've at least been prepared", Aaliyah said opened her eyes and Dre was getting really close to the car in front of them.

"Slow down!", Aaliyah said.

Dre went into the other lane. "Chill. I'm trying to concentrate", Dre said.

———————————————-

Dre pulled up to the airport and parked the car.

"Aaliyah, Jay is in the airport waiting for you with Jada. But he won't be going with you", Dre said as he handed her a ticket and her passport. "The plane is going to take you to New York and you need to go to Carmen's house. I'll be there as soon as I can"

"Why not today? Where are you going?", Aaliyah asked.

"...I gotta handle something", Dre said.

"Dre, you don't have to kill anybody. Let's just go now", Aaliyah said. "I mean we won't even be in the country, so why are you doing this?"

"Aaliyah just go", he said.

"Dre! You're making a decision without my opinion!", Aaliyah shouted.

"This is something I need to do before I leave. I'm making a decision for us", Dre said. "Just go before they realize I'm not there"

Aaliyah began kissing him and Dre began kissing back then he pulled away.

"Go. I love you", Dre said. "Think about where you wanna leave because it can't be here"

"...okay...I love you too", Aaliyah said before getting out the car.

Once Aaliyah got out the car Dre drove off and Aaliyah rushed into the airport. She looked around and finally saw Jay with Jada. She rushed to them and took Jada.

"My baby", she said before kissing her and holding her tight.

"In perfect condition", Jay said.

Aaliyah looked at Jay and hugged him. "Thank you", Aaliyah said.

"It was Dre's idea. I just did the work", Jay said.

"What is Dre going to do?", Aaliyah asked.

"Well...he's going to make sure that well... basically his past is gone", Jay said. "Starting with Kurt for taking Jada"

"Jay you need to go after him now", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah he's be alright. I'm going to him", Jay said.

"You don't know Kurt", Aaliyah said. "He will kill Dre and you. He knows how y'all operate"

"Aaliyah go and stop worrying", Jay said. "We got this"

They called Aaliyah's flight.

Jay gave Aaliyah Jada's bag. "Go. That's your flight", Jay said. "Be safe and call when you get there"

Aaliyah nods.

Jay began to walk away but Aaliyah stopped him.

"Wait", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah you need to go before your flight leaves", Jay said.

"I am... it's just that... I need you to know something", Aaliyah said.

"What?", Jay asked.

"...Dre isn't the-...", Aaliyah stopped talking.

"What Aaliyah??", Jay asked.

Aaliyah changes up what she was really going to say and said something different.  "Just don't let him die okay? And don't get yourself killed either", said Aaliyah

Jay nods before leaving.

Aaliyah looked at Jada for a moment then rushed to catch her flight.

TO BE CONTINUED...
DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU'RE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR💜