Chapter 39

It's been two weeks since Aaliyah and everybody else let New York.

When it comes to Aaliyah and Dre, they are cordial when they see each other but they still are taking a break from each other. While Aaliyah helps Carmen, the lady that Carmen recommended watches Jada.

Aaliyah walked up to one of these in Carmen's crew.

"Hey you", Aaliyah said. "What's your name again?"

"Anything you wanna call me baby", he said.

Aaliyah gave him a joy please look. "Seriously. What is your name?", Aaliyah asked.

"They call me Dre, short of Deondre. What's up?", he asked.

"Oh. Um...I noticed that you seem to me Carmen's favorite out the bunch or at least the one she doesn't complain about so you much be good at what you do", Aaliyah said.

"You can say that", Deondre said.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to help me with a trade tonight. Carmen can't make it", Aaliyah said.

"Iight bet", Deondre said.

"Be here at 10", Aaliyah said.

"Yea I know the drill", Deondre said. "See you then"

Aaliyah walked back to there she was sitting by before she got to her seat, Killa came through the door.

"Ay just the boss that I wanted to see", Killa said.

"I'm not Carmen", Aaliyah said.

"I know. I can tell the difference between y'all too", Killa said.

Aaliyah into another room where there was money covering the whole table and Killa followed her.

"What do you want?", Aaliyah asked.

"So, Carmen said y'all were partners now and I was just wondering if you wanna hear something on how to grow what y'all got going on", Killa said.

"No we are not combining your gang and with ours", Aaliyah said. "Carmen told me you'd try this"

"I thought you were just helping out. You in the gang too?", Killa said.

"No", Aaliyah said.

"Oh...well damn. I tried", Killa said.

Aaliyah shook her head.

"This is some change", Killa said as he looked at the money.

"Nobody cares if you make more", Aaliyah said.

Killa pulled up a chair next to Aaliyah. "Let me ask you something", Killa said.

"What?", Aaliyah asked. "Make it quick because I need to get this money counted"

"That's what the machine is for", Killa said.

"Don't be smart", Aaliyah said.

"Alright, but anyways so quick question...have you ever been attracted to someone that you can't have?", Killa asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah replied as she put the money in the machine.

"So what did you do to stop yourself looking at him in that type of way?", Killa asked.

"I stopped looking at them", Aaliyah said as she continued to add money.

"Aaliyah come on I'm serious", Killa said.

Aaliyah looked at Killa. "Listen, if you want Carmen back then you need to just sit down with her and talk about it", Aaliyah said. "Like adults"

Killa shook his head.

"What? It's true...and if you aren't going to do it then...I don't think about to tell you", Aaliyah said as she continued to do what she was doing.

Killa looked at her for a moment and then began talking. "Alright Aaliyah. Bye", Killa said.

"Bye", Aaliyah said. "I suppose you're going off to get Jada or did you forget?"

"No I didn't. Dre getting her through. I have a love overdue meeting to get to", Killa said. "Catch you later"

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "Bye", she replied.

Killa got up and walked out. Once he got outside he got in the truck that him and Olin were riding in.

"Dre is going to beat yo ass", Olin said as he started driving. 

"What are you talking about?", Killa asked.

"We both know why you came here and it wasn't for carmen, cause she ain't even there", Olin said.

"I can't talk to my baby mama?", Killa asked.

"All I'm saying is...that girl is still married and Dre ass is fool", Olin said.

"I don't want that girl", Killa said.

"Alright bruh", Olin said.

——————————————

Later that night after Aaliyah came from the trade, she went straight to Dre's house.

"Thank you for getting her and watching her", Aaliyah said.

Dre nods.

Aaliyah walks to Jada and starts getting her things together.

"I was think that maybe you could just stay the night. It's late", Dre said.

"Yea...but I rather not", Aaliyah said with a slight smile. "No hard feelings it's just that we need this break ya know"

Dre didn't say anything.

"You have things you need to work on and I need to build myself. This relationship can't become stronger unless I become a stronger me and you...you understand what you did"

"I do understand", Dre said.

"You understood the first time, yet it happened again", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked at Jada and began walking to them. "Let me help you", he said changing the subject as he picked Jada up and her car seat.

Aaliyah picked up jada's things and they walked outside. They put Jada and every thing else in the car and looked at each other.

"Don't get me wrong Dre I still love you...but you broke my heart", Aaliyah said.

Dre nods. "I'm sorry and I know you don't think so but I love you too", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked down for a moment then back up at him. "Good night", Aaliyah said.

"Goodnight", Dre replied.

Aaliyah walked to the drivers side and got in the car and began to drive off. As she drove off Dre walked into the apartment.

TO BE CONTINUED...