Chapter 21

The next day, Dre was dropping Aaliyah off at the rehabilitation center.

"I will visit you every chance that I get", Dre said. "This is one of the finest rehabs in New York so...hopefully the people here are good too"

Aaliyah nods.

Dre sighed. "I love you", Dre said.

"I love you too but... Dre I- I'm sorry", Aaliyah said.

"Okay", Dre said as if saying sorry Didn't matter to him which it didn't. He was still mad at her for lying about Killa.

Aaliyah looked down.

Dre kisses her forehead. "I'll see you later", he said.

"Okay. I'll call you tonight", Aaliyah said.

"I actually got a job to do tonight", Dre replied. "I'll call you when I can"

Aaliyah sighed. "Okay", she said with a fake smile.

"See you tomorrow", Dre said before walking out.

Aaliyah walked him walk out and then turned around and looked around. The place was nice. Sunny room, nice looking people...it was almost as if she was at a resort.

"Aaliyah Johnson?", somebody said.

Aaliyah turned and looked at the person. It was one of the workers. "Thompson", she said.

The woman looked back at her clip board. "My apologies. Aaliyah Johnson-Thompson? Is that correct?", she asked.

"Yea", Aaliyah replied.

She smiled. "Welcome. I'm going to show you to your room and then I'll show you around the place and we can go over your therapy sessions", she said.

"I never did therapy before", Aaliyah said.

"It's nothing to be nervous about. Everything in confidential and nonjudgmental", she said. "And excuse my manners. I am Dorthy, but a lot of the residents call me Dee"

"Okay, Dee" Aaliyah said.

Dee and Aaliyah began walking to Aaliyah's room.

————————————————

Carmen was still down in Atlanta, when she pulled up to a house and knocked on the door. Soon Kevin opened the door.

"Ya know, you are a hard man to find", Carmen said.

"Not Aaliyah, right? The twin right?", Kevin asked.

"My name is Carmen", Carmen said.

"That's right. What can I help you with?", Kevin asked.

"You can help me by telling me when was the last time you walked to Aaliyah", Carmen said.

"Why?", Kevin asked.

"I know. Maybe you've been getting her stuff she didn't need", Carmen said.

"I haven't seen her in months", Kevin replied. "Why? What happened?"