Chapter 24

Early the next morning, Aaliyah woke up and didn't even realize that she fell asleep. She looked around and people were walking by on the sidewalk. She got out the backseat and got into the front seat. She didn't know how she was going to make money but she had to think quick.

——————————————

Dre was about to send Nae, his babymama, some money later that afternoon but noticed that $500 had been taken out of his account.

He knew it was Aaliyah because she was on the account. Dre thought to himself for a moment then went ahead and sent Nae the money. After sending her the money, her money there was a knock at the door.

Dre got up and opened it. Thinking it was Aaliyah but it was Carmen.

"Hey", Carmen said.

"I thought I told you that I can't do this. You coming here", Dre said.

"I know, I know. I look like Aaliyah but here's the thing. Somebody said they saw me across town last night, but me and you both know that wasn't me because I was here until this morning", Carmen said as she walked into the apartment.

Carmen fell asleep at the apartment on the couch last night. She didn't feel like driving because she was so tired.

"You act like that's something good. That was last night, she gone by now", Dre said as he shut the door.

"She didn't go that far because she doesn't have her wallet right?", Carmen asked.

"She took $500 out of my account. For all we know she left the state", Dre said.

Carmen began thinking to herself.

"Aaliyah is good at hiding", Dre replied. "She's been doing it for years with those other niggas she's been dealing with"

"Yet, they found her some how right?", Carmen asked.

"After years", Dre replied.

Carmen sighed.

"I'll find her alright?", Dre said. "...no matter what happens we always find our way back to each other"

"That time she ran from you and came up here to New York when y'all first started dating and you so happened to do a trade with me was luck", Carmen said.

"No. It was God", Dre said as he grabbed his keys. "I have to go talk to Killa about something"

Carmen rolled her eyes and the fact of her hearing Killa's name.

"What? You and your boyfriend ain't on good terms?", Dre asked.

"He is not my boyfriend", Carmen said.

"Olin told me y'all used to date", Dre said as he walked to her. "And honestly I never would've known if he didn't but then again I should've because he came to help kill those guys who shot Aaliyah a little too fast and I know it wasn't just because of the money. It was because they were after you"

"Dre-"

"And when he took her and kidnapped her, I don't even think that needed to happen", Dre said.