Chapter 10

It was the middle of the night and Aaliyah was laying in bed. She couldn't go to sleep because she had a lot on her mind.

Dre came in the room quietly because he didn't want to wake Aaliyah because he thought she was sleep. He couldn't see her face.

He took his shirt and jeans off after putting his bag down. He slowly got into bed and faced his back toward her back.

Aaliyah didn't want him to know that she was awake at first but she had something to say.

"In marriage, decisions are based on agreements. That means talking about it before making decisions", said Aaliyah. "And that's all I have to say. Goodnight"

Aaliyah closed her eyes and Dre thought about what she said and laid on his back.

"You would've stop me", Dre said.

Aaliyah was listening but she still wasn't looking at him.

"Either way he would've got what he wanted, so why not chose an option that had something to do with what I wanted?", Dre said.

Aaliyah finally turned her body to him. "Who said I wanted Killa to be in Jada's life?", she asked.

"You didn't and I'm sorry about that but I didn't tell him about her. He found out on his own. But either way...she deserves to know her dad, especially if he wants to be there for her", Dre said.

"She already had one", Aaliyah said.

"Yea. She had me and she still has me but it's nothing like knowing your real father Aaliyah", Dre said.

"You're taking up for him", Aaliyah said.

"I'm not I'm just-"

Aaliyah cut him off.  "His people killed my father, my sister...her grandfather and aunt, Dre", said Aaliyah. "And you're working with them"

Dre didn't say anything.

"I get what you're saying, I honestly do and I get why you did it but...you decided to be his, his servant basically", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah lets be real. If I was on my own I wouldn't have did this but I got three other people to think about. You, Jada and Junior", Dre said. "It isn't just about you"

Aaliyah didn't say anything for a moment she just laid on her back. "It's the principal"

"This was best decision", Dre said.

"Okay", Aaliyah said.

"You mad?", Dre asked.

"No", Aaliyah said. "...you're right, but still it's the principal.

"...Aaliyah I hate this as much at you but-...", Dre asked.

Aaliyah cut him off. "It's okay", Aaliyah said. "At the end of the day, the decision has been made and I have to live with that"

"Why you gotta be like that?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah ignored him and walked into the bathroom.

Dre shook his head and got up. He grabbed some weed and put his pants on and walked out the room. As soon as he walked out he bumped into Carmen.

Carmen looked him up and down, noticing that he didn't have a shirt on. "What are you doing up?", she asked.

"I should ask you the same", Dre asked.

"I am a somewhat successful drug dealer", Carmen mentioned. "I think you remember those days"

"Up at night, sleep during the day? Yes, I do", Dre said.