Chpater 18

That same night, Dre went to see Killa later on that night. He wasn't at his house, he was with the other guys at his trap house.

Dre walked through and looked around. Everybody could tell her was mad.

"Bruh, I'm tired of you walking around here all pressed. You need to get some pussy", Olin said.

Killa came out the kitchen. "Chill our bruh", Killa said to Olin as he walked to Dre. Killa looked at Dre and whispered. "Can we talk outside?", Killa asked.

Olin watched them.

"I just came to tell you I got the information of them boys", Dre said.

"What? How?", Killa asked.

"My way", Dre replied.

"Well shit you got some stuff you can teach me", Killa said as they walked outside.

"What they plan on doing?", Killa asked as he took out his blunt.

"Honestly? Nothing. They pussy", Dre replied. "They just was just talking they shit"

Killa shook his head. "That's the last time I listen to Olin about some shit", Killa said. "...but um...everything iight?"

"Since when were we cool bruh? So, why do you care?", Dre asked. "I'm working for you and that's it. This ain't no friendship, so my business ain't your concern"

"Right.. but my child is and I noticed that her mom didn't pick her up. Carmen acting funny, you... well you're Dre but something does seem like something is wrong", Killa asked. "She alright?"

"She's fine", Dre replied.

Killa nods.

"Anything else?", Dre asked.

"Yea...I honestly would like the past to be behind us. It was fucked up for what I did bruh and I'm sorry about that...but I'd like to build good terms with you for Jada", Killa said. "And just in general"

Dre didn't say anything.

"But of course. That's your choice man. Have a good night", Killa said as he lit his blunt.

Dre nods and walks away.

"Oh and tell Aaliyah I'd like to watch Jada again. Same time tomorrow", he said.

Dre nods and gets into his car.

—————————————————

The next day, Dre went and got Aaliyah. They were in the car at the moment and it was silent for most of the ride.

"You know, it's okay to tell me you look at me differently", Aaliyah said.

"I don't", Dre said.

"That's right, because you're not looking at me", Aaliyah said.

"Baby, stop", Dre replied.

Jada was sleep as they were on the way to Killa's house.

"I'm a failure", Aaliyah said.

"You're a wonderful and have helped a lot of other women out there", Dre said. "You arent a failure"

"And now I'm bad to where I started", Aaliyah said. "Can't even find a way to motivate myself about life, yet I'm finally surrounded by people that love me"

Dre didn't say anything . He just pulled up into Killa's driveway.

"I'll take her in", Aaliyah said.

"You sure? Because I can", Dre replied.

"No. I'll do it. I have to ask him something anyways and make sure that he knows some stuff that I didn't mention", Aaliyah said.

"Well, I'll just come in with you", Dre said as he turned the car off.

"Okay", Aaliyah said.

They all got out the car and Dre got Jada. After knocking on the door, Killa let them in.

Killa started to say something Aaliyah but she stopped him.

"Before you say anything. I'm sorry about last night", Aaliyah said as she walked in.

Dre walked in behind her.

Killa studied Aaliyah and she was acting a little different to him.

"It's- it's okay", he said as his mood lightened.

"And how was she? Was she okay?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre saw the way Aaliyah was acting and put Jada's car seat down. She was talking like she was scared but he didn't think she was scared, he thinks that she was just craving more.

"She was fine", Killa asked.

"Aaliyah. I'm going to use the restroom, how about you go outside", Dre said.

"I just want to say bye to Jada first", Aaliyah said as she walked to Jada's car seat.

"You gotta go to the one upstairs. The one down here and working", Killa said .

Dre nods and walks upstairs.

Aaliyah looked at Jada and touched her softly.

Killa watched Aaliyah.

Aaliyah looked up at him. "What?", she asked

"Nothing", he replied. "It's just that I'm glad Jada is blessed with a mom that loves her. I didn't get that same treatment growing up. I mean she tried but things got worst"

Aaliyah stood up as she looked at him. "...I guess we have something in common", she said. "But I'm pretty sure mine was worst"

"My mom was on drugs. I had to fend for myself and she died when I was 10", Killa said.

"...aren't you Kevin's brother?", Aaliyah asked.

"Same dad. Different moms", Killa said. "And our dad wasn't shit either"

"Well... my dad was actually good but my mom kept him away from us, yet I would've been better off with him", Aaliyah said.

"What was your mom like?", Killa asked.

"Same as yours", Aaliyah replied.

Killa didn't say anything.

Dre came walking downstairs. He saw that Aaliyah was looking at Killa and Killa was looking like he was thinking about something.

"Ready?", Dre asked.

"Um yea", Aaliyah replied.

Dre opened the door for Aaliyah.

Aaliyah began to walk but stopped and looked at Killa.

"Is there anyway you could watch Jada for today and tomorrow?", Aaliyah asked.

Killa nods. "Yes", he replied.

"Thank you", Aaliyah said before walking out.

"You earned your two days. Go ahead and take them", Killa said to Dre before he walked out.

Dre nods before walking out and shutting the door.

Dre looked at Aaliyah as she was getting in the car as he walked to the driver's side. "You seem like you're less mad with Killa", Dre said.

Aaliyah opened the door and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess. But really I'm just being civil for Jada", Aaliyah said.

Dre nods.

Aaliyah gets into the car and so does Dre.

TO BE CONTINUED...