Chapter 64

The next day, Aaliyah was at work. She was sitting at her desk chilling and thinking about stuff. Deshawn came out of his office.

"Hey", Deshawn said as he put some papers down on her desk. "I need you to fax these before lunch

"Okay", Aaliyah said with a fake smile.

"Everything okay?", Deshawn asked as he kinda sat on the edge of her desk. "You been kinda down all morning"

"I'm fine", Aaliyah replied.

Deshawn nods.

"I'm just going to therapy today with Dre and I'm a little nervous that's all", Aaliyah said. She barely looked at Deshawn.

"I don't think it's anything you should be worried about", Deshawn said. "It'll be fine"

Aaliyah nods.

Suddenly, the door opened and it was Dre. Deshawn looked back as he stood up to see who it was.

"Hey. What are you doing here?", Aaliyah asked.

"I thought I'd take you to lunch", Dre said as he looked at Deshawn then at Aaliyah.

"I only have a 30 minute break", Aaliyah said. "I don't think I'd have to the time to actually go out for lunch. I'm sorry"

Dre nods. "Maybe I'll just bring you something", Dre said.

"...that would be nice", Aaliyah said.

"Be back", Dre said as he looked at Deshawn again as he walked out.

"Well", Deshawn said.

"Trust me. If he had something on his mind you'd know", Aaliyah said.

"Really? The look he had said it all", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah look at Deshawn. "Look I've been thinking and I think that you've helped me enough and I don't really need anymore therapy", she said.

"What? Did he tell you to do this", Deshawn asked

"No. I mean as much as I know he wants this he hasn't really stressed me about not having any sessions with you", Aaliyah said. "I just think that you've helped me enough ya know"

Deshawn nods.

"Thank you so much", Aaliyah said. "I really appreciate it"

"No problem. Just...just know whenever you need me I'm here", he said.

Aaliyah nods.

"But yes, if you fax those papers before lunch. That would be great", Deshawn said.

"I'm getting right on it", Aaliyah said.

"Thank you", he said as he walked to his office.

Aaliyah sighed.

Lunchtime came and Dre and Aaliyah were eating.

Deshawn came out his office with a client.

"Alright, I'll see you next week", Deshawn said.

"See you next week", the guy said before he walked out.

Deshawn looked at Dre and Aaliyah.

"Don't worry boss, I'll clean up after ourselves", Dre said sarcastically.

Aaliyah looked back at Deshawn.

Deshawn smiled a little. "Nah I was just wondering what y'all was eating. It smelled good. Chinese?", he asked.

"Japanese", Dre replied.

"I think that's what I'm going to have for dinner then", Deshawn said. "But enjoy your lunch, I'm about to eat mine myself"