Chapter 40: Healing And Missing

Sunday, May 31

It had been around 2 months or over since Kate had died. Link was sad and trying to balance work and his relationships. He had ended up burying himself in work and Amelia took the wise words of Kate and pulled him back into reality. Amelia and Link had started to plan their wedding. Amelia had picked out a dress and Link had picked out a tux. They chose a venue, chose where they wanted to go on a honeymoon- Link wouldn't tell Amelia he wanted it to be a surprise.

The reason he made it such a surprise was because 1. It was beautiful and 2. It was one of the last things Kate gave her opinion on.

~2 Months Ago~

"Atty I got it! You have a house in the Maldives, take her there for a week. A week of you and your girl will be good for both of you." Kate smiled while scrolling on her computer in Link's office.

He had called her down to finalize their house foundation and plans. She had finally designed the perfect house- All they had to do was begin construction. He was going to surprise Amelia with it after they got married.

"What a genius you are Kate. But will you please stop eating raspberries in that chair. It's white and your gonna stain it dummy." Link laughed.

Kate was eating raspberries off her fingers like she was five. He couldn't stop himself from giggling and eventually gave into the very loud laughter.

"I won't get raspberries on your stupid chair Atty." Kate laughed shoving another raspberry into her mouth.

-

Link couldn't wait to marry Amelia. She was the love of his life. He just wished more than anything that Kate could have been there to see it. She deserved to be there to see it.

Amelia was ready to marry Link, she wanted that forever, she wanted the long nights and anniversaries, the Christmas mornings and Valentines' Day. She wanted it all.

They laid on the couch that night Amelia in Link's arms. He seemed to do this more now that Kate was gone- like he was afraid if he let go he would loose Amelia forever.

"We need to talk about our wills." Link said out of the blue.

"What about them do we need to talk about." Amelia asked turning around to straddle him.

"Like what each of us gets in the event one of us dies. It's easy for me. Everything I have and everything I am is now yours." Link smiled at Amelia.

"I don't want your things, I want you." Amelia said while laying on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her.

"Yes but incase I get into another freak accident but don't make it out- I want you to have everything you need. I want you to be taken care of for the rest of your life." Link said.

"Let's be hopeful and say you will never get into a freak accident like that again, and the only thing I need is you." Amelia said.

Everything he had and everything he was, was now hers.