Chapter 37: SOS

Wednesday, March 25

[Link]

4 days. It had been 4 days since their helicopter crashed, 4 days since Kate died, 4 days and it seemed to him that no one was coming to search for him. He had run out of food and almost out of water. He knew he had maybe a day to be find or he was going to end up like Kate. Dead.

He was getting up to try and find help somewhere, anywhere. He walked through the trees and thought he had found something. Slip. Crash. Splash.

He came to in a creek of running water that was freezing ice cold. He looked at his hands and they were purple and blue with frost bite. He gradually sat himself up enough to get out the ditch or creek like thing he had fallen into.

He walked back to campsite and laid next to Kate. His hands were wrapped in his jacket trying to get some warmth back. He prayed to whoever was up there, save him, help him, don't let him die out here.

He wanted to get home for Amelia, he loved her too much to leave her by herself. He wanted to grow old with her, he might be scared of being a shitty dad but he wanted kids one day, he wanted the anniversaries and the dinners but first he wanted to get the hell out of these woods. He knew he couldn't be in Utah yet but he knew he had made it out of Seattle. The sleepless was getting to him and he couldn't stay awake much more.

"Please help." Link whimpered out, all of his strength gone. He had accepted it. He was going to die out here.

-

[Amelia]

For the past four days Amelia had panic attack after panic attack and break down after breakdown. She knew she had to let herself feel because she didn't want to fall back into drugs.

Derek, Meredith, Arizona, and almost everyone in the hospital took turns sitting with her in Link's penthouse at night, holding her while she cried for the man she loved, while she cried for the possibility he might never come home.

It was day 5 of no word from Link's security team, from Link, from Kate, from anyone. Amelia laid in his penthouse just crying. Meredith, Derek, his parents, his siblings, Kate's parents and everyone were gathered in the living room crying for the two people they loved. Yes her co workers barely knew Link but they cried for Amelia, Amelia being in pain.

"All of you guys turn the TV down and shut up for a moment." Abigail said quietly. Not wanting to overstep.

No one did anything, they all continued talking and crying. They were all sleep deprived and quite frankly on the verge of insanity.

"HEY ALL OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP." Bruno thundered into the sea of people in the living room.

They all turned and gave him a what the hell look. He continued to talk on the phone for a moment then looked up with total hope and relief.

"All of you shut the hell up because we got a location." Bruno said pointing to the phone. He didn't even need to explain, they all knew- he meant they had Link's location.