Chapter 4: Lunch

Tuesday, September 19

Amelia was in the attending lounge ranting to her group of friends about what to wear or what to even do. She had finally decided on skinny jeans, a black silk blouse and black booties that were Meredith's but Mer called them too slutty for a mom of 3 and a married woman. Amelia did light makeup and curled her short bob. She grabbed her purse and ran out to Meredith's car. She drove to the address on the business card given to her a few days ago. She pulled into the parking lot of Lincoln Enterprise and Holdings.

She walked inside and went to the front desk where Marla was located. Marla gave her the directions to his office and she went accordingly. The fog glass door were shut and a man stood in front of them, black suit and tie.

"I'm looking for Mr. Atticus Lincoln- he requested me here at 12:00." Amelia said to the man at the door with worry in her voice- he was tall and muscular. Could easily take out like 6 guys if he had to.

"Can I see your ID please?" Bruno thundered- it coming out louder than he intended. Amelia handed him her ID and he nodded, signaling she could enter his office. She pushed the doors open as Atticus turned his chair to face her.

She suddenly didn't have words, she was in awe. He smiled and nodded for her to come and sit at the chair across from him. She sat in front of him and looked around at the view his office had, it was in the dead heart of Seattle.

"I wanted to know if you would be my guest for lunch Dr. Shepherd?" He said as he smiled.

"It's just Amelia, and I would like that." The brunette replied smiling, she liked where this was headed so far. He stood up offering her his arm as she intertwined hers with his. He walked her out of his office, down the elevator with Bruno following. He led her to the parking garage where Bruno opened the backseat doors for them. He drove them down the streets as Amelia admired the views and Atticus admired her. Bruno parked them at Canlis- one of the most expensive restaurants in Seattle.

Atticus stepped out of the car taking Amelia's arm. He led her inside and got a table in the back with the best view. The restaurant was dark but lit softly. They sat at the back table and Atticus ordered red wine- Amelia couldn't have red wine. She wouldn't throw away almost 2,000 days of sobriety. The waiter came by and placed two glasses and began to pour the wine into them- Amelia was so tempted, so tempted.

"I don't drink- can I just get some water please?" Amelia asked nervously to the waiter as he finished filling Atticus' glass of red wine. The waiter nodded and took away her glass along with the bottle.