Chapter 29: Birthdays And Hell Fire

Tuesday, February 4

The alarm went off at 6:00- they had to be on the plane by 8:00 to make it to Brooklyn by the afternoon for Kate's birthday. Kate was having just a nice dinner party and she had invited practically the entire city of Brooklyn. It was at some venue she rented out and Link knew his Kate- she just wanted a bunch of gifts.

Amelia was excited to go but at the same time she didn't really know anyone at this party so when mentioning that to Link she regretted it- he turned and told Kate but it worked itself  out: Kate told her she could bring 7 people of her choosing with her to Brooklyn. Amelia chose Meredith, Derek, Arizona, Alex, Maggie, Addison and Charlotte. Addie and Charlotte had never met Link or Kate but that was all happening tonight.

-
Link drove with his hand on Amelia's thigh and everyone else was in the back seat about to kill each other. Link kept driving straight and that made Amelia wonder.

"Link you just passed the turn for the airport, we have a flight to catch." Amelia said laughing.

"Yes we have a flight, just not at the airport. This flight is on my plane." Link said as if it was no big deal. That made everyone in the car shut the hell up. They all stared at Amelia wide eyed.

"Oh and by the way, Kate will lose her sobriety with in an hour probably and my family will join us. I told them not to but Kate insisted." Link giggled to himself.

The car pulled up at a plane. The car parked and man in a suit walked up to the car. Link rolled down the window and they exchanged words. Link unlocked everyone's doors and helped Amelia out of the car. They all grabbed their bags staring in awe at the thing in front of them. Of course people like Arizona and Meredith were hesitant but this was too good of an offer to pass up. Link picked up Amelia up bridal style and carried her up the stairs of the plane. Everyone took their seats and the plane took off.

-

Everyone was in the hotel rooms that Link insisted on paying for. Amelia had a simple light pink pants suit on with a white lace tank top underneath. Link put on a suit and when he walked out the bathroom and saw Amelia he gasped.

"You look mighty fine Ms. Shepherd." Link said as he walked behind her and kissed her neck.

"Thank you Mr. Lincoln but if continue that we will be late. I don't want to be the reason Kate beats your ass." Amelia said.

They met everyone in the lobby and they all got in another car and drove to the venue. The party began and everyone was having a good time. Drinks were flowing, food was served, gifts were being given and there had to be a special section for Kate's favorite game. Poker. It was her favorite game when not fighting for her life.

Amelia was standing with Charlotte and Addison not wanting to bother anyone since she didn't know most of the people. She was content until she saw her tiny tormentor. Anastasia wearing a black dress with blood red heals and her hair curled strutted up to Amelia.

"Well well if it isn't my favorite adulteress whore. Christmas I didn't get my fun so I'm glad to see you again Amelia." Anastasia disgustingly smiled so wide Amelia was convinced her face would cramp up.

"Hey you can't talk to her like that you damn little girl." Charlotte snapped at Anastasia her country accent poking prominently through.

"Oh hush you hillbilly, you probably haven't had schooling past the first grade." Anastasia snarked at Charlotte.

"Okay okay what makes you think you can talk to adults like this?" Addison questioned.

"Oh look another ginger, Amelia are you gonna go marry her and then cheat on her as well because you like to sabotage everything you do?" Anastasia griped hitting Amelia's weak spot.

Anastasia walked away with her victory once again, she only won because she would leave every adult practically speechless.

"Damn what a little Veruca Salt. Is that Kate's sister? I hope Kate ain't like her." Charlotte said.

"That's not Kate's sister, that's Link's sister Anastasia." Amelia said quietly her voice riddled with defeat.

Anastasia- 1
Amelia - 0

A/N: yes i know what we are all thinking- we hate Anastasia let's be honest i hate writing her but she adds drama when i can't think of anything else!!