Kæli

Water sprayed along with the travellers, Kæli flicking their tails and erupting into bubbly laughter. Their bodies mainly blue, with streaks of green tinted gold, like the colour was merely reflected into the gold. Beads too big for their bodies with large black shining eyes. Two sets of arms with three tent grabbing fingers each. Running down along their backs is a deeper shade of bkue, a silk-like fin extending out, flowing everytime they swim or walk, like a human dress almost. When out of the water, this fin trails near their feet, three legs let them run rather fast. But their legs are different to ours, knees that bend both ways and toes that grip tocks just like their hands. Kæli are tiny compared to humans, fitting in just our palms.

    Their personality is fast and childish, people describe them as cheeky and playful. But their laughter is described as magic, thinking glass, healing sounds that make people chests lighter. And they laugh alot, playing mundane jokes on passerbys, flicking water at their shoes, cackling and diving back into the water. Some people think they are spirits, sitting by the water for hours on end, playing games back and forth. The Kæli not understanding the whispered prayers but delighting in the attention.
I am not one for long history rants, so I'll try keep it short; the Kæli were first discovered by a girl named Julïïe Barochetà when only one existed. Julïïe was young and instantly scooped the Kæli up, running to show her father. Her father, feeling a little frightened, brought the unknown creature to the villages Lady, and held the Kæli out to her. So, in the very serious tempered room, with the Ladys lips pursed and a frown on the fathers face, everyone else leaning back in terror. The good natured Kæli, of course, burst out laughing. Slapping the fathers thumb in rolling fits of shaking, gasping for tiny breaths. Eventually the small Kæli came to a stop and looked up in confusion. When they spoke their voice was like rain rushing down through ashwood leaves. The whole room gasped at the innocence and pure curiosity in the Kælis voice. "Why... O. Why no lauugh?" Small Julïïe smiled and the Lady began to laugh.