the story of she

She had stars woven through her hair, water in her gaze. Fire in her voice and the warmth of a thousand dragons in her heart. Her hair changes with her mood, sometimes unknowingly. Her movements graceful when unwatched, her everything sparkled. Brown eyes that watch as I breathe. I fell for her thoughts, for her fiery passion, for her tendencies to move quick. I was swept up in a daydream reality that only brought sad ends. But I didn't care. She was mine. And I was hers. Right into the night we ran through the dark neighbourhoods, she put music into my ears, stories into my mind. We belonged to each other and I loved it. Her hand felt like it was made just to fit into mine, her hair for me to run my fingers through, her face to watch as she drank up the night sky. We fitted together perfectly, her loudness clipped by my silence. Her darting looks calmed by my steady gaze. My anxious mind put to rest by her certainty. She didn't have to say anything. But she chose to, she said words that sparked many universes around us. We watched as worlds took shape around our bodies, bending to how we moved together.

    She reached up one night and took stars out of the sky, brought them down and braided them around her hair. They made a faint glow around her face in the night. It brought out how pretty her face was, her eyes alive with the vibrant light and her smile fell in shadows. We hardly slept, she keep me awake by singing softly and grasping my hands, pulling me to our next adventure. Her skin was always warm. Swinging her headphones around, acting like we were the only ones alive in that idyllic time before dawn. I would compare her to a flame that never went out but she was also like a strong wave crashing down on the world. Sweeping away anything I thought was bad. We fitted together like pen to paper. Like thread to material. Like stars to the night sky. The dances that we took made us feel like pros, I swear I was stepping on nothing but air at one point. With her hand in mine and her eyes locked on mine. Like I was her gravity on this barren planet. Like I was the key to creating those universes around us. In this time we made the rules. Her only rule was that her heart would never leave my side. Like the stars in her hair.