I know this can't be right

Monday, her eyes tear down to the river, as her fingertips slip from the railing, her final hope is that the water is softer than her father's fingers ice skating on her skin.

    Tuesday, fingers stinging his cheek. His mouth dropped. Blood specked and blue he walks home. In the door his mother rushes to him. He explains that blood replaces a kisses place on his lips.

    Wednesday, he holds a gun to her head, silent tears stain her cheeks. His fingers tighten and then veins of blood run through the smashed glass.

    Thursday, a taxi driver steps out of the car. Wrapping the city around his neck. The smoke choking his nose and the noise choking his mind.

    Friday, a gentle silent dear shot down beside a pleading son. Harsh words feel like the animals blood on his hands. Called a girl for the tears that steak a map out of the blood on his skin. He will follow that map someday.

    Saturday, a small cup of water left outside. Beats the humid atmosphere of the city for the cat. Little licks bring life back into the fur that warms the child's sleeping body.

    Sunday, bones enveloped in skin uses fire to kill bones enveloped in skin. Spirits whispering in their ear of a betrayal that never happened. They down more spirits at the funeral. Staring blankly at that picture, the one they killed, the one with identical eyes.

    Monday, this city is a death sentence.