Chapter 8

It makes so much sense.

The incredible sports abilities. The fast and elegant movements. The superhuman hearing on our first day of school, when he gave Allison his pen. And now the transformation, the full moon as a catalyst, forcing him to abandon his human intuitions. 

Forcing Scott to turn.

"Fuck, fuck," I run to Allison's car, swinging the door open before I see her in the rear view mirror. She looks a bit dazed, and my hands ball into fists when I see Derek Hale approaching her. I look back and take a few tenths of a second to decide what to do. Stiles chasing his werewolf friend is my rock, Allison being alone with Derek my hard place. And I'm stuck.

"You lucky bastard," I mutter, directed at Derek, before stepping in the car and racing in the direction I saw Scott and Stiles go. I assume Scott's going to his house, and Allison has told me where he lives so I must be able to find at least the street he lives in. I reach over with my right hand to get my phone out of my bag, when I'm suddenly fumbling with the gun I put in there. Why did I bring a handgun to a high school party? Don't ask. I put the gun in my pocket and hope fiercely that I won't have to use it. I don't like unnecessary victims.

"Shit," I breathe when I almost lose control of the wheel, the car swaying across the road until I have it under control. I reach my arm out again because I need to call Stiles. I manage to get my phone and press his name in my contacts.

"Grace?" he answers after a while.

"Stiles, Stiles, do not follow him inside, do you hear me?"

"Wha- How-"

"You don't know what's happening to him. He's changing. Do not go inside with him."

There's a small pause before he speaks again.
"How do you know that," he asks.

"No time. Is he driving to his house?"

"I- I think so," he answers.

"Shit- Are his parents home? Does he have siblings?" I shout, panick rising inside of me.

"No, no, if his mom's doing a night shift, nobody's home," he says.

"Good. I think I'm catching up to you. Listen to me, when he gets into his house, wait outside until I get there. Okay? Wait. Outside," I say loud and clear.

"I want to help him," he says.

"He wants to kill you," I answer.

"I still don't understand how you know all this," he says.

"Shut up. Are you almost there?"

"Yes. But why are you following us? And how do you think you can help?" he asks.

"We're gonna have to stop him from killing. Keep him inside. As far as I know, it's impossible," I say.

"That's not even an.... ugh, okay, he's stopped the car at his house."

"Okay, stay there. How does he look?"

"Like he's having a panic attack. Oh, I need to- I can help him, I'll be careful," Stiles rambles.

"No, Stiles, I'm almost there-" He ends the call before I can finish.

"Stiles!" I yell, throwing the phone away.

It's only a matter of seconds now. And it feels like no matter what I do, I'm gonna get blood on my hands either way.

Luckily I spot Stiles' jeep in front of Scott's house, and I storm inside with the gun in my hands.