Chapter 27

"You want me to do what?" Danny asks, already annoyed with Stiles.

"Trace a text," Stiles repeats.

"I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do. What's Grace doing here?"

"Watching you trace the text," I smile.

"And we will do lab work, once you trace the text," Stiles tells him.

"And what makes you think I know how?" Danny asks, and it's a very good question, because I have no idea either.

"I- I looked up your arrest report, so-"

Danny's eyes widen and he fiddles with one of his sleeves.

"I- I was thirteen. They dropped the charges."

"Whatever."

"No, we're doing lab work," Danny says, but then he takes a look behind his shoulder and keeps staring.

"Who's he again?" he asks, and of course he's looking at Derek. This is definitely gonna work.

"Um, my cousin... Miguel," Stiles answers, and I snort. Seriously, couldn't he have picked a different name?

"Is that blood on his shirt?" Danny asks. Oh shit, that is blood.

"Yeah. Yes. Well, he gets these horrible nosebleeds. Hey, Miguel," Derek looks at him, already glaring. It takes everything in me not to burst out laughing. "I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts."

Stiles turns back to Danny and continues to explain.

"So anyway, I mean, we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably-"

"Uh, Stiles?" Derek says, catching our attention. He's wearing one of Stiles' shirts now, but it's ridiculously tight on him.

"Yes?"

"This... no fit," he says.

"Then try something else on," Stiles says. Derek listens and takes off his shirt, leaving us to marvel at his chest for a second, until he's found another one to try.

"Hey, that one looks pretty good, huh?" Stiles says. "What do you think, Danny? The shirt?"

Danny is definitely staring, and so am I, if I'm honest.

"It's- it's not really his colour," Danny answers, and Stiles smirks at him.

"You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you, Danny boy?"

"You're a horrible person," Danny says.

"I know. It keeps me awake at night. Anyway, about that text."

"Stiles!" Derek yells again. "None of these fit."

We all look back at him as he takes his shirt off again, standing there half naked once more. Observing him now, I totally understand why my aunt dated him for a while. He doesn't have a great personality or sense of humour, that's for sure, but his appearance certainly makes up for that.

"Grace!" Stiles yells, making me jerk my head back to look at him.

"I was talking to you," he snaps, eyes glaring at me. I put my hands up in defense.

"Jeez, sorry I wasn't listening to the absolutely genius shit that comes out of your mouth all the time," I say. I'm still on edge from the fight I had with Kate before I came here.

"Stiles," Danny says, making us stop. "I'll need the ISP, the phone number, and the exact time of the text."

Stiles gives him a satisfied nod.