Chapter 56

Trigger warning: sexual assault

Stiles and I find the back room in the warehouse, where Isaac and Erica are keeping Jackson, hopefully. When Stiles opens the door, Isaac freaks and jumps up, his eyes shining bright.

“Oh, no, no, no! Just us, it's just us. Don't freak. He okay?” Stiles asks.

“Well, let's find out,” Isaac says, slowly stepping closer to the limp Jackson bound to the chair. He reaches out to the kanima, scratching a nail over his arm, but then Jackson jerks awake and grabs Isaac’s wrist, making the beta yelp and back off. 

“God!” Stiles shouts.

“Okay, don’t- don’t do that again,” I say.

“Oh, I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out,” Isaac says.

“Yeah, well, apparently this is all we're going to get,” Stiles says. “So let's just hope that whoever's controlling him just decided to show up tonight.”

Jackson’s head jerks up again, and I flinch back, holding Stiles’ arm.

“I'm here,” Jackson says, only it doesn’t sound like him at all. It sounds like a demon, or a Hollywood movie villain, or – the kanima. “I'm right here with you.”

“Jackson, is that you?” Stiles asks carefully.

Us. We're all here.”

“Are you the one killing people?” I ask.

“We are the ones killing murderers,” the kanima growls.

“So all the people you've killed so far...” I begin.

“deserved it.” The kanima says.

“All right, so the people you're killing are all murderers then?” Stiles asks.

“All. Each. Every one.”

“Well, who did they murder?” Stiles asks.

The kanima lifts his head again, staring us in the face.

“Me.”

“What? What do you mean?” I ask.

“They murdered me,” the kanima says, his voice getting louder. “They murdered me!”

“Okay, all right. More ketamine. The man needs ketamine. Come on,” Stiles says.

“We don't have any more,” Isaac says.

“You used the whole bottle?!” I ask.

The kanima rises, releases himself from the rope and growls again as his claws grow and his skin turns green and scaly.

“Uh, okay, out, everybody out!” Stiles yells, grabbing my hand as we run out of the room, Isaac and Erica following.

“Find something to move in front of the door,” I order once we’re safe outside, but the moment the sentence has left my lips, the kanima literally bursts through the wall next to the door and flees, escaping.

“Oh god,” Stiles mutters.

*

We make our way back outside, running into Derek.

“Hey, uh, so we kind of lost Jackson inside, but it's-“ Stiles stops his explanation when he hears Isaac and Erica hissing behind him, and we turn to see both of them trapped inside by the mountain ash circle. 

“Oh my god. It's working. Oh, this is- I did something!” Stiles exclaims, grinning as he raises his fist.

Meanwhile, Derek hears something, straining his ears to find out what it is. When he does, his eyes widen.