Chapter 15

I can feel the adrenaline rush through my blood when Stiles' Jeep speeds up. My hands are gripping the fabric of my seat and I'm dying to know if Scott got any results and if so, what they are.

"Did it work? Did you remember?" Stiles asks, obviously just as curious as me.

"Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood - A lot of it was mine."

I stay silent and stare at Scott, lost in thought.

"So you did attack him?" I feel like Stiles does not want to know the answer to his question.

"No. I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine. It was Derek," Scott says.

"Glowing eyes? What colour?" I ask.

"Like... red or orange, I don't know."

"It's not Derek," I say.

"How do you know?" he asks.

"I don't," I lie.

"What about the driver?" Stiles asks.

"I think I was actually trying to protect him," Scott says.

"Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he killed the driver?" Stiles asks.

"That's what I don't get."

"It's got to be a pack thing-"

"Guys! Derek didn't do it. I know why. You just need to know something else about werew-" I butt in, only to be interrupted by my own ring tone.

"Hello?" I answer the call.

"Grace, we had a deal, remember? I found this skirt that I think would look really good on you."

"Lydia, I- I'm sorry." Stiles' head snaps to my face.

"I don't think I'm gonna make it to you guys. You know, I'm hanging out with Stiles and Scott and it'd be stupid to go all the way back for an outfit change," I say.

"Stupid? You underestimate the power of clothes, Grace."

"Again, I'm sorry. I'll see you at the bowling place," I say, ready to end the call,when Lydia starts talking again.

"Wait, your uncle wants to say something." I hear some rustling and then Chris' low voice.

"There's a curfew. No one's allowed out past 9:30 PM. I want you to get home as fast as you can and stay home," he says determinedly.

"Okaaay. Um, I'm not sure when I can come home. Traffic's kind of busy and stuff. But I'll be there soon," I say.

"Grace, I hope you're being truthful right now."

"I am."

"Because I would be seriously considering kicking you out of the house if you weren't family," he says, ending the call immediately.

"Well then. Because of curfew, Chris expects me home as fast as possible," I tell Scott and Stiles. They both look a bit lost.

"Let's go bowling," I say, causing smiles to appear on their faces.

"What about Allison and Lydia?" Scott asks.

"Oh, they'll get out of there. Allison might not be a hunter, but she's sure as hell trained like one."

***

"Oh, I'm so bad at this."

Lydia walks back to the table where we're sitting, after having hit three pins - with help from Jackson.