Count On Me (Dixie D'Amelio)

It would be a lie if I said that I just wanted to be friends and nothing more. I'm yours always and forever.

Charli's View

I heard whispering from Dixie's room and I went inside. Dixie was sitting on the floor while facing the wall and she was mumbling something.

"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3. I'll be there and I know when I need it.
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2 and you'll be there. 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do..." Dixie mumbles.

Not today satan.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Leave me alone." Dixie says resting her head on the wall.

I nod my head and slowly back up.

"You'll always have my shoulder when you cry." I say leaving.

Dixie's View

As soon as Charli leaves I start to cry. I fucked up and I can't take it back. Wearing all of her clothes isn't helping me. I can't believe I let her go. We were fine until I yelled at her.

Flashback

"Nothing happened." I say.

Y/n stares at me and I sigh. I can't take this.

She didn't even know what I was talking about but I didn't know that.

"Nothing happened!" I shout.

She starts to cry and I instantly felt bad.

We had never yelled at each other. We had a physical fight once and it wasn't worth it. 

She said that she didn't care when she was drunk and I slapped her. I hit her so hard that she was unconscious and she didn't know what happened when she woke up.

We fix our problems quietly. We argue through text because we fall apart if we see that the other is crying over it.

"Baby." I say.

I try to hold her hand and she backs up.

"Baby, please." I say starting to cry.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you but I don't want to keep doing this." She says wiping my tears.

I hug her and she gently rubs my back. She leaves and I start to cry again.

End of flashback

I never got to apologize because our numbers got leaked and we change them.

We haven't talked in a year and I've cried every day. But today was supposed to be our 2 year anniversary which is on my birthday. I wanted her to call. I just wanted to tell that I fucked up and that I'm sorry. I wanted to tell her I need her and that I don't want to live my life without her.

My phone rings and it was Avani.

"Hello?" I ask sniffling.

"Hi baby. Happy birthday." Avani says.

The way she said it... That's not Avani.

"Who's this?" I ask.

"Y/n." They say.

I couldn't stop myself from crying after I heard her voice.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asks.

"I miss you and I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I had no idea that you were confused and I—" I say.

"It's alright. I'm gonna come see you. Are you okay with that?" She says.

"Yes." I say wiping my tears.