Past = Future (Dixie D'Amelio)

Y/N's View

"I'm sorry I'm late." I say digging in my backpack.

"It's fine." Coach Garrett says.

I was taking photos of famous people for the yearbook. Coach Garrett was in charge while Ms Williams was sick.

"You we're always late, but we always won when you were there." He says

I used to be on the kickball team before I got injured. I was almost back to the home base and I was gonna win the last of the season.

The other team threw a ball and me and hit me in the leg. I went tumbling across the field and got 3rd degree burns. I even ended up breaking both of my legs and I couldn't play anymore.

Coach Garrett suggested that I join the yearbook and I've been on it since. Keep in mind, it's been 4 years.

"Are you the photographer?" A voice asks.

I look up and see Dixie D'Amelio. She cute, smart, talented, and (unfortunately) straight.

"Uhh, yeah." I say.

"Do you mind if my sister share the photo?" She asks as Charli comes in the room.

"No, not at all." I say.

"What's your name?" Charli asks.

"Y/n Y/l/n." I say.

She smiles and I take their picture.

"Ah Y/L/N (your last name). How's getting kicked off the team feel?" Keith asks.

"You ask me the same question every day of my life. What do I tell you every time?" I say.

"You say that you chocked." He says.

"I say I'm a better player than you and I quit the team. I quit the team because of jerks like you." I say.

Keith is the guy who cussed my injuries. He changed schools once he found out that the D'Amelio sisters had came here. He had always hated me and because of him, I wear prosthetics. My legs would never heal and it was a waste of time trying.

"You were just a pussy who thought they were a big shot. Girls were all over you and you threw that away." He says.

"You fucking hit with a damn fastball. I have two prosthetics and and this burn on my face." I say.

I point to the burns on my face and he makes a weird face.

"Fuck off Donaldson." I say grabbing my backpack.

He takes the camera from me and throws it on the floor.

"Do you know how much this fucking cost?" I ask picking my camera.

"Your parents can get you another one. Oh wait, you're in the system." He says.

"Calm down." Dixie says to Keith.

He pushes her and I punch him.

"Next time I'm gonna put you in the fucking ground." I say.

I leave and Dixie follows me.

"Y/N." Dixie says as I go into the parking lot.

"What?" I ask turning around.

"I've heard about you. You never lost a game and you never stopped trying. I can confidently tell you that it's gonna be okay." She says.

"No. It's not. My parents were killed by a drunk driver when I was 13, I had to quit the team, I still have 3rd degree burns on my face, I don't even have real legs, and the one thing I had to remember my parents, is gone." I say.

I hold my camera up and she nods her head.

"This camera, isn't only thing you have to remember your parents. You have their love, hugs, support, and your memories of them." She says.

"Look on the bright side, you're on the yearbook team, you'll be 18 soon, you have a job, and you've earned enough money to take care of yourself." She says.

"Does it sound so bad when I put it like that?" She asks.

I shake my head and she smiles.

"I'm sure you have a girlfriend that loves you." She says.

"We broke up after I quit the team. That doesn't matter, I think I'm in love with someone else." I say.

She blushes and I smile.

"Who?" She asks shyly.

"You." I say.

She smiles as she grabs my hand and I kiss her.

"Hey, hey. Watch where you're putting your lips." Charli says coming out of the building.

"It could be some place else." I say.

Dixie blushes and Charli rolls her eyes.

"Maybe some day." I say.

"Or today." Dixie says.

"That works too." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her cheek.