Before You Go (Charli D'Amelio)

Y/n's View

I had a best friend named Charli D'Amelio. After she got famous, she left me. I asked my parents to send to boarding school and they did.

I worked my ass off at school and got into college at 15. I majored in Music and I graduated at 17.

I worked my ass off at the studio and here I was. I had just won multiple Grammys and someone was interviewing me.

"Why did you get sent to boarding school?" Jack asks.

*I'm sort of over Jack at this point*

"I didn't get sent. I asked my parents to sent me there." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"I had a best friend and she got famous. She left me behind and put me in a deep state of mind. I went there, worked my ass off, graduated at 15, majored in music, graduated from college at 17, got a job at a studio, and here I am today." I say.

"Would you say that this person made you who you are today?" He asks.

"Hell no. She was a factor that made me ask my parents to send me away. Once I got there, everything I did after that point made me who I am today." I say.

"Have you talked to them?" He asks.

"I've collaborated with their sister a few times." I say.

"It must be Charli D'Amelio. She talked about how a friend left because of her. She left them behind when she didn't know it. She said that they were a famous rapper who was really smart." He says.

"Yeah, but she knew." I say.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Her sister told her that I was leaving and Charli knocked on door. I told her why I was leaving and told her I didn't want anything to do with her. She left and didn't even say sorry." I say.

"Did you ever want to be more than friends with Charli?" He asks.

This answer was gonna kill me and I knew what would happen next. The fans would fight for weeks and they wouldn't stop.

"We fucked around a few times. Until we started dating, but I broke up with her because of her ex-boyfriend then her fame. She had changed and I didn't like that side of her." I say.

"Is your first song about her?" He asks.

I nod my head and start to cry.

"She left me and I hated that shit. She's the only person I've been with in my life. I was only 14, but I bought the ring. She changed and I gave it to Dixie as a gift before I left." I say wiping my tears.

"Do you still love her?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

Time Skip

"Talk to me." Dixie says.

"What?" I ask.

"I saw your interview." She says.

"So..." I say.

"You still like Charli." She says.

"Yeah." I say.

"Even after what she put you through?" She asks.