Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

"How is everything going?"Cassy tried to make conversation when they got on the elevator.

"It had been both good and bad. I found out that I was kidnapped from a hospital and then placed in an orphanage. I have a twin sister and I am in contact with my birth family" Naomi replied thinking about all the good and bad things she went through.

"Wait what?" Cassy asked her trying to process things.

"Yes, and my family who turns out to be millionaires want us to have a bond" she shrugged at the same time the elevator stopped.

Some of the workers who were on this level stopped to stare at her. They turned up their nose in jealousy.

"She is coming into work late just because she is smashing the boss".

"She is just using him" Naomi could hear people whispering.

"Don't listen to them" Cassy said, she thought Naomi would be phased by that but she wasn't. She grew to understand celebrity relationships and how everybody will have their different opinions.

She showed Cassy to the waiting room where five other people were waiting.

"Sit here and I will be right back" Naomi instructed and Cassy nodded taking a seat next to one of the girls.

"Good morning, sir" Naomi greeted when she walked into his office.

"Morning" he replied still paying attention to his computer.

"Are you ready to start the interview?" she asked and he replied.

"Yes, here" he handed her the list of names that were going to be interviewed today.

After getting everything ready, Naomi went and got the first person on the list.

"Right this way" she instructed and the man followed her to Josiah's office. Naomi sat in her office doing some work until it was time for the next person.

After the two more people went it was now Cassy's turn, Naomi did not tell Josiah about how close they were because she wanted it to be a fair interview.

If she told him then Josiah would hire Cassy simply because they were best friends at one point.

"Good luck," she said to Cassy before she entered the office. There was one more person after Cassy that was waiting patiently outside.

Naomi looked at the time and saw that it was almost time to go and pick up his coffee.

Just when she was about to leave, Cassy came out of the office and she was wearing a neutral expression.

"How was it?" she asked after allowing the other person to go.

They both walked alongside each other as she made her way to the cafe across the street.

"It was good and he said to wait for a call from his assistant," she told Naomi before they were parting ways.

"Where are you staying?" Naomi asked her and she answered.

"A hotel" she replied and also gave Naomi the name. They hugged each other before going in different ways.

She was crossing the street when all of a sudden someone pulled on her arm.

"What the-" she said before snatching her arm from his grip.

"Who are you?" she asked and the person laughed like they heard the funniest thing.

"So, you got a restraining order on me and now you are acting like you don't know who I am" he spat bitterly.

"I don't have to act because I don't know who you are," Naomi said about to walk away.

"Najomi" he shouted and that's when she put two and two together.

"I am not Najomi," she said trying to walk away but he continued to follow her.

She looked behind him and saw numerous paparazzi standing while recording the scene.

"Yes you are" he shouted and she rolled her eyes continuing into the cafe. She received the coffee along with other looks that she was not paying attention to.

"Najomi!" he said becoming angry and Naomi knew she needed to get out of here.

"Is everything ok over here?" she heard the last person she expected to help her ask.

James.

"No because he is harassing me," he said and James' gestured for his bodyguards to come over.

"I think you should go," he said staring at the man.

"This isn't over," he said before walking away.

"Thank you," Naomi told James who nodded.

"It's no problem," he said before leaving her at the front of the building.

When she went to give Josiah his coffee, he was busy on his phone and would nor make contact with her.