chapter 3.

INDIE'S POV;

"My name's Phil, by the way," he said, stretching out a hand.

"Indie," I replied, gratefully shaking it. A shiver rushed down my spine as our touch lighted my cheeks a bright red.

After we subtly slipped our hands apart, I quickly ran my hand through my knotty fluffy hair, trying to cover my face by looking directly to the ground. All of a sudden, the cry of a girl sitting at the dining table called out across the room causing me and Phil to glance over. Part of me felt lost without our eyes locked together.

Suddenly, the energy in my body drained out, and I was close to collapsing to the ground as Phil stared back into my eyes. He was back. Small butterflies flickered in and out my stomach. This was a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time.

"So are you here on your own or with someone else?" he asked politely- just general chit chat, really, nothing big. However it still managed to make my head go fuzzy.

"I'm with my friend Kim, how about you?" I asked, secretly knowing he came in with 3 other boys.

"Just with my friends, Dan, PJ and Chris," he replied

Even the way he spoke made the butterflies appear. I felt a smile spread from the corners of my lips making their way up my cheeks. I returned to looking at the floor, feeling a bit awkward because I was still smiling from ear to ear.

"Well," he began, making me raise my head to meet his gaze again, "I better go and find them all."

"Same, I don't really trust Kim on her own," I laughed jokingly as he started to chuckle. Even his eyes looked as though they were smiling.

"Nice talking to you, Indie," he said as he started to make his way out of the room.

"And you, Phil," I replied rather loudly.

I watched intently as he gradually made his way towards the door. Awkwardly he tripped up and stumbled around a bit before looking over at me and rolling his eyes whilst laughing. I had to contain my laughter, letting out little giggles here and there. Honestly, I have the most horrendous laugh.

After he disappeared out of sight, I turned back around to the counter to grab another bottle. The tiny clinking noises rattled around again, soon followed by the sound of the door creaking open, letting the pounding music flow into the open room. Footsteps began to quickly grow nearer to me until I was aware of someones presence.

I glanced over to the person, having to look up to meet their gaze. It was Phil again! My heart thudded quietly under my plaid dress.

"Hello again, stranger," I teased, smirking slightly

"Forgot to get a drink," He chuckled, stuttering a bit.

"Try the orange and passion fruit J2O, it's gorgeous" I suggested, more of a question than a command.

"Maybe I will, Miss Indie," he replied, picking one of the bottles up and smirking slightly. He quickly twisted around to walk away again.

"Bye, then," I called after him as he darted back out of the room.

This boy was going to be the death of me.

KIM'S POV;

I carried on wandering about the crowds. My head felt like a ton of bricks had been dropped on it and my heart was very fluttery because of the boy with pale green eyes. I could've stared at them all day, but right now i just wanted to find Indie and go home. I could almost feel the people's eyes glaring at me from every corner of the room.

"Fuck off," I muttered under my breath as I stumbled around.

Everything was still blurry and hard to focus on. I was beginning to get thirsty again. I glanced down on the floor scanning for any left over bottles. I promised Indie I wouldn't go get another drink, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to borrow other people's.

A few empty bottles lay around the outskirts of the room with small spills and overflows glistening around them. I spotted one that was half empty. Slowly, I edged myself down to a crouching position, feeling every bone and muscle bend and stretch. I grasped the bottle, knocking it over at first but then regaining it's ability to stand up, however losing mine in the process. Instead, I just flopped onto my side and waited to be collected by Indie.

-15 minutes later-

I must've passed out because before I knew it, I was being shook awake by a blurry girl. I rubbed my eyes harshly causing them to sting and make my knuckles black from the mascara.

"KIM," I heard someone shouting.

Go away.

"KIM," they continued.

"KIM, YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ANY MORE BEER!"

Shit. Indie.

"I didn't," I slurred out.

"Right, okay. Of course you didn't," she harshly spat at me. "I can't believe you'd do this."

She began tugging at my arm.

"Sto-oop," I whined, flinching it back.

"We're going home," Indie spat.

"Fi-iine," I replied, letting my friend pull me onto my feet and hurl my arm over her bony shoulder whilst wrapping her bony arm around my waist.

Quickly, I was dragged out of the party; the only reason I was sure I was moving, was because of Indie pulling me along side of her.

"You're too heavy," she teased, stumbling back a bit.

"Shut up," I hissed whilst giggling like a mental patient.

Wait.

Stop everything.

Was that the boy with pale green eyes?

I focused on the blurry body outline.

It was!

He had the same jumper on. Something in me wanted to call out his name but I couldn't think of it. It was like when you needed to sneeze, but you couldn't manage to.

Gradually we were getting further and further away from him. Something in me wanted to pull back.

No.

Please.

Stop.