chapter 27.

(a/n: hey guys! this is my first chapter as the new owner, i hope you like it. i just kinda threw it together, so i hope it's okay. sorry if it's a bit short. Thank you for bearing with me so far!)

PHIL'S POV;

"Hello?" I spoke into my phone. I could hear breathing from the other side, telling me that the person was still there

"P-Phil?" a familiar voice spoke from the other end. My heart momentarily stopped.

"Indie?" I asked, suddenly afraid that the person wasn't who I thought it was. I just hoped and prayed that it was.

"Phil! I-I'm so sorry, I just-" was all I could make out until I heard sniffling and sobs coming from the other line. I missed her. After everything that's happened, I know I should be mad at her. But everything that has happened was also the reason to hold on to her, and forgive her. I already forgave her. I shouldn't have left her for so long. Who knew what could've happened to her? A quick wave of guilt washed over me.

"Indie, where are you?" I asked desperately, hoping she forgave me, too. I understood why she snapped that day.

"I-I.. uh, I'm somewhere near that Starbucks- hic! The one that we first met at.."

"Okay, I'm coming for you. Don't go anywhere, just go inside the Starbucks and wait for me there," I told her, already rushing to put on my shoes, acknowledging Dan's confused look as I raced past him. I mouthed 'Indie' to him, and he nodded, giving me a thumbs up.

"B-but-"

"No questions. Go to the Starbucks, I'll pick you up."

I heard her mumble an 'okay,' and the phone click as she hung up. "I'll be back soon!" I called to Dan, and rushed out of our apartment.

***

"Okay, thank you," I mumbled to the taxi driver as I handed him a ten pound note and a few loose coins, quickly counting them to make sure it was the amount needed. I hurried out of the taxi and into the warm coffee shop, looking around for the familiar head of bright lilac hair. Finally, I spotted a familiar head of lilac hair, but it wasn't as bright anymore. It was dull.

"Indie?" I questioned, tapping the girl's shoulder. The girl turned around to show a face I knew well enough to recognise through the sadness that it now held. I let out a sigh of relief and fell into her slightly, hugging her and squeezing gently in reassurance. I never thought I'd see her again.

"P-Phil, I-" she started, but I interrupted her.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here. I'm right here for you. I'm not going anywhere," I reassured not only her, but myself. It felt like she was going to disappear into thin air at any moment.

"Come on, let's get a coffee, if you want to, and get going," I mumbled into her hair. She nodded, and just mumbled, "The usual, please."

After we got our coffees and payed, I called a taxi to get us home. We waited outside, where there was a slight drizzle now.

"Thank you, Phil. I'm so sorry, I just- I just snapped. I-" she started.

"It's okay, honestly. I understand," I smiled sympathetically, interrupting her. "There's no need to say sorry."

The taxi drove up to the curb and stopped. I opened the door for Indie, and she got in. I followed, closing the door. I told the driver the locations, and wrapped my arms around Indie.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"No problem," I whispered back; honestly, I'd do anything for her.