IMPORTANT A/N

Right okay, hello there, I don't usually do this but I would strongly like a rant if you don't mind me taking up 2 minutes of your time.

There's one thing I absolutely hate about SOME (not all have this problem) fanfictions which touch around the theme of mental illnesses is that, if the main character of the book (usually a white 'tumblr' girl with blonde hair who only seems to know how to put it up in a messy bun) is suffering from a mental illness (usually depression/suicidal thoughts, self harm or an eating disorder) when whoever they're writing the book about, (be it a youtuber or a singer or anyone similar) they come along and suddenly (Literally within a chapter or even a few pages) everything is magically better and they're hugging and kissing and the caring boy is cradling the lonely, poor, unfortunate girl he's just met in his arms and everything is just fine and dandy. I'd just like to point out that...NO. That's not how mental illnesses work. (I kind of subtly ranted about this last chapter) If you want to write about a mental illness, sure that's fine but please, for the love of god, at least do a bit of research on it if you aren't sure what it's really all about. Even if it's just a quick scan on a website, because setting unrealistic relationship 'goals' for people who may suffer from them in the future is unfair and just dishonest.

In my view, it also kind of promotes them because as people read the fanfiction/ book, which is making out mental illnesses to be simple and easily cured whilst also romanticising them, it gives people the idea that they're all beautiful and mysterious. Just please stop. Mental illnesses are not 'beautiful' or 'poetic' or 'mysterious' or even 'romantic'. Yes, the person can still be beautiful inside and out whilst suffering from one but the actual illness itself is never any of these things. They are brutal, solitary, senseless, yet overpowering all at once and they just make you want to isolate yourself from anything and everything. They should not be something that are romanticised.