chapter 8.

KIM'S POV;

I saw the way he looked at her. But what hurt the most, was the way she looked back at him.

Almost like she's forgotten all the hurt in her life. Like she's forgotten about Kyle, about me and most of all, like she's forgotten about what her last boyfriend put her through. I didn't want this new guy coming along and breaking her heart, leaving me to pick up all of the pieces. Not again.

Which is why me and Indie were now in an argument. Again. For the second time today.

We barely ever argued. Unless it was something important. The first time we argued was when Indie wanted to send me to a psychiatrist.

-flashback-

"For God's sake Kim, you need to think about what you're putting others through! I've tried and I've tried so many times, but you just push me away!"

I stormed past indie, drunkenly throwing her against the flakey wall as I did so.

"You don't tell me what to do. You don't own me," I hissed, making my way towards the front door.

I heard shuffling behind me and before I knew it, Indie was barricading my way out.

"Don't turn this on me, Kim," she spat, eyes narrowed.

"It's your own fault you always end up in this state!" she screamed, her eyes watering slightly.

I glared coldly at her before stumbling forward and pulling her away from the wooden door.

"Fuck off," I muttered, still trying to shove past her.

However, Indie can often be forceful and powerful when she needs to and stood put like a concrete building.

"Don't just walk away from me," she growled, grabbing hold of my shoulders and swinging me around towards the sofa.

"This isn't any way to deal with your problems..." but before she could finish I cut her off.

"What, so you're saying I have problems now?!" I hissed, horrified at what my supposed 'friend' had just accused me of.

"I never said that!" she started grasping tighter on me.

"I was just saying that you aren't dealing with these problems in the right way! You need professional help, Kim! I can only help you so much," she said, her voice softening as each word slipped off her tongue.

Loosening her grip slightly, she firmly sat me down.

I looked away from her pleading eyes. She was just trying to confuse me. She didn't mean any of it.

"Look at me."

No.

I won't.

"Kim."

"Indie."

Her soft gentle hands cupped my chin and lifted my face to meet hers.

"I only want to help you."

I started getting mad now.

She didn't want to help me, she was just trying to get rid of me.

"NO YOU DON'T," I screamed frantically jumping off the sofa.

"YOU JUST WANT TO GET RID OF ME."

I backed away from her towards the front door again.

I needed to get away.

"Just relax. Sit down. I don't want to get rid of you, you know that!" her soothing voice edged towards me.

"Fuck off, Indie."