chapter 2.

KIM'S POV;

My head felt like it'd just been hit with a bus. My muscles ached as if they'd just woke up from hibernation. My visions felt as though someone had just poked me in the eye, and my coordination was about as good a 2 year old learning to walk.

Before I knew it Indie was dragging me back inside the sweaty building. Her grip was firm and hurt my wrist. I just wish she'd let go. Her lilac hair flowed behind her, waving up and down with each step she took. The music carried on as though it'd never stop. My body pulsed in time with the pounding beat which made my head ache. I honestly wanted to go back to wherever we were sitting.

Suddenly we halted to a stop. I stumbled into Indie towering over her as I did so. She really was quite tiny.

"FOR GOD'S SAKE, KIM," she shouted to me whilst flicking round to face me, frowning. At least I think she was.

I tried squinting to make sure I knew her facial expression, but before I could focus she'd spun back around and carried on rampaging frantically through the crowds. Why couldn't she just stand still? My wrist was beginning to kill now. I struggled to let it free only to be greeted by Indie grasping me tighter. I must've been making a real fuss because she stopped dead in her tracks. Grasping onto my shoulders and throwing me towards the edge of the room, she quickly dropped me onto a small chair next to a couple who were full on making out. I glanced over at them and almost fell forward until Indie pushed me backwards again.

"STAY HERE UNTIL I GET BACK," she swiftly ordered.

"OK," I shouted back, making sure she acknowledged that I understood by giving her a thumps up.

I focused on her just as she was huffing and rolling her eyes at me. What have I done this time?

I looked over at the couple next to me. Ew. They could've saved it for the bedroom. The girl was straddled on the guys lap whilst he held onto her ass like it was a lifeline; not once did they even notice my presence. I turned back to... no one? What? Where had Indie gone? I scanned the crowd, but all of it was just a blur of bright lights and hands.

I stood up off my chair,but tripped over my laces. Wait- I wasn't wearing lace ups. All of a sudden I was greeted by a pair of warm arms wrapping themselves around my waist instead of the hard icy floor.

"Careful there," I heard male voice chuckle as he steadied me back on my feet.

I focused on the blurry face trying to see if I knew this.. stranger. Ever so slightly I managed to make out these bright pale green eyes staring straight at me. His hair was slightly curly but had a side swept fringe. He had a small smirk plastered on his almost tanned face. I wasn't going to lie, this stranger was cute.

"I'm so sorry," I stammered, quite lost for words.

"It's okay, anytime," he smiled, making his way around me; he always kept our eyes locked until he disappeared into the crowd again. There and gone. Just like that. I must've been standing, swaying there for quite a while, trying to figure out what had just happened because a smallish girl gave me a confused glare as she bumped into my shoulder.

INDIE'S POV;

"STAY HERE UNTIL I GET BACK," I ordered the tipsy Kim, who in reply breathed out an 'ok' followed by a drunken thumbs up. When she was ever going to get over her alcohol problem was a mystery.

I didn't really want to leave my drunk best friend alone, however she was really starting to get on my nerves as all she did was try to wrestle herself away from me. She clumsily tilted her head to view the couple next to her. A disgusted look spread across her face. Whilst she was still looking horrified at them, I slipped away into the crowd.

I wanted to find the two boys before another girl did. However, this was proving difficult as the crowd just grew and grew within each 10 minutes. More sweaty bodies- just what this places needs. The pounding beat began to slow down, and as it did, all the people followed, being pulled into a couples slow dance whilst the leftovers evacuated to the edge of the room; as did I. I took a wander into the dining room of the house. Two girls were sat at the table, one in tears and the other trying to calm them down. She quickly darted her head up to me. I smiled awkwardly at them, just to be ignored.

I grabbed a bottle of J2O, making subtle clinking noises as it bounced about the other glass bottles next to it. Well, one of us was going to have to drive home, and I doubt it'd be Kim.

I turned around and walked straight into the boy with jet black hair and sparkly eyes. I dropped the juice all over the floor and down my arm: luckily not on the boy.

"I'm so sorry," he stammered making, his fringe fall out of place.

"Oh no, no, honestly it's fine. I'm just really clumsy," I smiled at the boy, making his face set at ease slightly.

"Same!" He began, excitement sparking in his eyes. "My roommate, Dan, doesn't trust me with anything," he chuckled a bit, picking the bottle up from the floor which had a small puddle of J2O around where it had been.

"Thanks," I said gratefully whilst wiping off the remaining juice on my arm.

"I guess you probably don't want this?" He joked, smirking slightly.

"No, not really," I giggled like a 12 year old.

Wow Indie, smooth.