Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Maelburn over here" they started shouting as soon as he got out the car. His security surrounded both him and Naomi so they won't be bombarded.

"What happened?" Josiah asked Caesar who was standing with his team.

"We followed the address but they have not entered yet. We were waiting for you and your siblings to arrive" he said seeing Blake, Jillian, and James coming through the crowd.

"Here," he said handing each of them a bulletproof vest.

"What are these for?" Blake asked and Caesar looked at him.

"We don't know what to expect and I don't think the one's involved escaped because the building is surrounded," he said pointing out all the cops and FBI agents. There was even a helicopter on above waiting.

Police held onto the dog leashes so they would not getaway.

"MiMi, please stay with my security," he tells her and Naomi gave him an unsure look before nodded.

"Ok," she said and he pulled her into a hug while placing a kiss on her forehead.

That did not go unseen by all the paparazzi who were looking for their next story.

"Jillian, I think you should stay," James said not wanting his sister to get hurt.

"But-" she tried to refuse and Blake cut her off finally agreeing with James.

"Your younger sister and we need to look out for you," he said and the three brothers along with the police made their way to the door.

They burst the door open and all they saw was a space.

"What the-" Josiah said looking around but he did not see anyone. He walked over to the side and the dogs walked around looking for ascent.

One of them started barking and scratching at a spot on the floor and they quickly ran over to it.

Caesar pulled the dog away and knocked. There was an echo that confirmed everything they needed to know.

He pulled it up with the help of some other officers and there was a staircase that led under.

They used their flashlights to see and walked down the steps.

"Hands behind your back" one of the cops shouted when they saw movement in the corner.

"Drop any weapons you have" Caesar walked closer and indeed a man was standing in the corner.

Before they could react another one came from behind and tried to tackle Caesar to the floor. Due to all the training, he went through Caesar was ab;e to knock the man out cold by elbowing him in the face.

"Where is my father," James asked walking towards the man who now had his hands behind his head.

He pointed in the direction and that is when they spotted a figure tied up to the chair. They all rushed to him and saw that he was badly beaten up.

"We need an ambulance on standby" Caesar radio in.

"Dad?" Josiah called looking at his father. They untied him and felt for a pulse and he had a small one.

"We need to get him out of her boss," the female detective said and they all agreed. Josiah and his brothers helped to take him up the stairs where he was placed on a stretcher.

They all looked back at the man who was being pushed through the opening by the police.

"Why?" Blake asked but he only smirked.

This was all part of the plan. In the morning they would wake up with millions in their accounts just by taking the fall. But the thing they did not think about was how they would spend their money from behind bars.

When Josiah saw that he angrily marched towards him and punched him in the face.

"Calm down" Caesar pulled him back. They all walked outside and saw that Jillian was no longer standing there, but she was in the ambulance with her father.

"Where is my husband?" they heard someone crying hysterically. Phylis pushed through the crowd wiping the tears she managed to form.

"It's okay, mom," Blake said pulling her into a tight hug.

Josiah walked over to Naomi and pulled her body into his.

"You okay?" Naomi asked wiping away the tears that fell from his eyes. The anger he had for his father left the minute he saw him in that condition.

She pulled him down to her level and placed kisses on his lips. The paparazzi were having a field day.

"Thank you," he said to her and she nodded.

He wrapped an arm around her as they went to the car and followed the ambulance to the hospital.

If there is anything you would like to know, feel free to ask. If you have any question about me in general ask them.