62 - Without Her

Trigger warning: very brief mention of self harm near the end of the chapter. It doesn't actually happen, don't worry.

——————

y/n's POV

"Not that you aren't adorable or anything, but is this reversible?" I asked Lloyd, who still had the back of my shirt between his teeth.

He tried saying something, but once again, it came out as a roar.

"Hey! No talking with your mouth full!" I scolded. "Now put me down!"

He let go of the fabric and I tumbled onto the ground. I looked over at Lilith and Eda, who seemed to be a pretty even match. A few minutes passed, however, and it became clear that Eda was the stronger witch.

Lloyd made a sound so I turned around.

"What?" I asked.

He thrashed his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"I think he wants to go back to being human," Ripple suggested as Lloyd started stamping around in circles.

"Well, duh," I said. "If he was happy in this state, he would have attacked Lilith by now instead of throwing a temper tantrum. How is he supposed to transform back?"

"I don't know! But you should probably try to calm him down before he hurts himself."

"Okay," I said nervously, taking a step forward. "Hey, Lloyd? Can you hear me?"

He stopped moving at looked at me.

"I know you're not used to being a dragon, but you don't have to be afraid," I said. "We're going to figure this out together."

I began walking towards him slowly, and reached my hand out. He pushed his head into my palm gently, and after a few seconds, he transformed back to his regular self.

He looked down at himself. "Well, that was a lot easier than I anticipated."

I laughed and threw my arms around him. "Thank goodness you're okay!"

"Hmm," Ripple muttered. "It seems to be that your form reflects your emotions."

"Uh... what?" Lloyd questioned.

"You got angry, and you turned into a dragon. Y/n calmed you down, so you're back to normal."

"Like the Hulk," I said with a giggle.

"That's not funny!"

"Hey, weirdos! Stop laughing and get over here!" Eda called.

I immediately shut my mouth and followed Lloyd towards the duel. He started fighting back with his powers, but before I could find a weapon to use, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a puddle. My miraculous was glinting.

"Huh, that's odd," I said. "That normally only happens when Paris needs me... but Hawkmoth's been defeated, hasn't he?"

"That's not how it works," Ripple said. "It calls you to that realm when a person in Paris needs you—it doesn't have to be because of an akuma attack."

"Why would anyone need me?" I wondered, scratching my head.

"Y/n!" Lloyd yelled.

"Coming, coming!" I called, picking up a big stick. I stared at it in dismay. "Sometimes I really wish that my elemental power wasn't so useless."

"Yeah," Ripple agreed. "Then you wouldn't have to resort to using tree branches as weapons."

"Here!" Lloyd said, throwing a tiny black object to me. I reached for it, but embarrassingly enough, I missed, and had to go retrieve it from the ground. Once I had it in my hand, I realized what it was; Adrien's ring.