25 - Cave

Sorry for the wait... There was another death in my family so I took a break from writing. Sorry for any inconvenience.

——————y/n's POV—————-

"Wait wait wait... you're telling me my grandmother is a superhero?" Adrien asked.

Sensei sighed. "Yes, Honey Lemon was a part of Big Hero Six."

"I don't understand," I said. "She and Acronix are from two different worlds—they're from two different time periods for that matter."

Sensei raised an eyebrow. I thought for a second, then realized what must have happened.

"So, Acronix somehow came to this realm—"

"Traveller's tea," Sensei coughed.

"—and then used his element to go forward in time?"

"Precisely. See, you answered the question for yourself."

I shook my head slightly. "Okay, that's really not important right now. We need to find a way to get our friends back."

"Well, speaking of traveller's tea, do you think we can use some to go to whatever realm the others ended up in?" Jay said.

"That type of tea only works if we have a set destination in mind, but we don't know where they are, exactly," Zane informed him.

"Okay... Uh... how about we try using our communicators?"

"Worth a shot," I said with a shrug.

Zane nodded and placed a hand to the side of his head. "Cole, can you hear me? Cole, come in."

"Are you getting anything?" Adrien asked.

"All I hear is static," Zane said, but then his communicator crackles to life.

"Zane? Is that you?"

"Cole! Where are you? Are you alright? Where are the others?"

"All seven of us are accounted for. We're currently trying to outrun an angry mob."

"That doesn't sound good. What did you do?"

"We set a dragon free. Don't worry, we'll be fine! How are the rest of you?"

"Everything is back to normal. Do you know what realm you're in?"

"Not a clue. It's kind of a desert, and we've found civilization, but... they're not very friendly."

"Okay, we're trying to figure out a way to get you home. Just try not to get yourself killed."

"Will do! Talk to ya later."

They broke connection, and Zane looked up at us.

"Well that was... casual," I said. "Despite the fact that they're being hunted, I'd say they seem like they're in pretty decent condition."

"That's a relief," Jay sighed. "Alright, we need a plan."

——————Cole's POV————-

"We can't run from them forever," Kai said. "They're going to catch up to us eventually."

"We need a place to hide," Nya suggested. "Ideas, anyone?"

"Nope, but I'm about to transform back," Chloe said. "I don't think I can keep up with you guys without my powers."

"Don't worry, I've got ya," I said, sweeping her off her feet just as her superhero suit disappeared. "Hey Lloyd, maybe you should help Foxgirl?"

"It's Reena, and no thank you," Foxgirl said with a huff. "I've still got a few minutes left."

"Wow, you're really strong," Chloe muttered, holding onto me tightly.

"Thanks, I work out," I said.

She giggled. "I can tell."

I grinned. I liked her laugh.

"Hey, guys! Look!" Nya called, pointing over to a group of large rocks to our right. "We might be able to take cover there, but only if the hunters don't see us make a break for it."

"Argh, where is y/n when we need her?!" Kai complained. "We could really use her mist powers right now."

"We might not be able to make a fog, but we can make a dust storm," Lloyd said, turning to me.

I set Chloe down for a second, then hit my fists against the ground. I created a small shift in the tectonic plates beneath us, causing the dry dirt on the surface to go airborne. The tiny particles floated up into the air, making a giant cloud of dust.

I took Chloe's hand and pulled her along with the rest of the group towards the rocks. As soon as we got there, I helped Lloyd and Kai pull a boulder out of the way so we could enter a cave. Once inside, we closed the opening so the hunters wouldn't find us.

"Lloyd, can you give us some light?" Nya asked.

"Sure thing."

He made a glowing orb appear just above his palm, and once the cave was illuminated, it became apparent that we weren't the first people to have been in here.