15 - Argument

Chat's POV

I quickly let myself into my house through the back door. I quietly ran through the halls all the way to my room, then gently shut the door behind me. I rushed to the window, and noticed Blue and M'Lady peeking out from behind a building. I opened the window, hoping that they'd notice.

Blue held onto Ladybug as she threw her yo-yo up to the window and swung up. I tried to help the two of them climb inside, but we all fell onto the floor in a heap.

"Sorry," I groaned.

"Don't worry about it," Blue said, standing up and offering me her hand. I took it, and she pulled me up to my feet.

"So, what do you need me to do?" I asked.

"If Hawkmoth r-really is s-situated here, then he l-likely has some k-kind of hidden room," Ladybug said. Why is she stuttering, though?

"Can you think of anywhere?" Blue finished for her. "Maybe a locked door, or a place you're not allowed to go?"

I shook my head. "Not that I can think of."

"Does your father ever disappear for periods of time?"

"He spends most of his time trying to avoid me, so yeah."

Blue's eyes were lined with pity. Her expression seemed to say I'm sorry, but I just shrugged. I would have to hold back the flood of emotions until later; Chat Noir was still needed.

"You're welcome to investigate," I said. "You don't need me for that, do you?"

"Well, it would be helpful—" Ladybug started, but Blue cut her off.

"No, I think it's best if you get out of here. Just in case."

I nodded, then left the room. I headed down the hallways, and once I ducked around the corner, I opened my jacket so Plagg could fly out of my pocket.

"Plagg, claws out!"

------------Blue's POV----------

"Chat's not picking up," Lady said. "Why does one time we can't communicate properly have to be the same day we have a lead on Hawkmoth's location?!"

I breathed a flustered sigh. I felt bad that we had to leave Lady in the dark about everything--the reason Chat disappeared, the reason it took me so long to get here, the reason it seemed like Chat and I were keeping something from her...

Chat suddenly ran in through the door, a little out of breath. "Hey, M'lady."

Lady stared at him in confusion. "Where are the others?"

"Huh?"

"You left so you could make sure they're ready to help us?"

"Oh, right... about that..."

Lady shook her head in disbelief. "You had one job."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry! I..."

"You forgot to give him the miraculouses," I offered.

Ladybug brought her hands up to her face in frustration. "Master Fu was going to deliver them! All you were supposed to do was make sure they know where we are!"

"I'm sure they already do!" Chat defended.

Ladybug looked like she was about to start yelling at him. "Then why did you go to find them in the first place?!"

"What are you guys fighting about?" Queen Bee asked as she climbed in through the window, Carapace and Reena right behind her.

"Well, whatever it is, you can talk about it later," Reena said. "We have more important things to deal with!"