12 - Slow to Forgiveness

Lloyd's POV

The sun was setting when we returned to Ninjago. As soon as we were back on Destiny's Bounty, I stormed off to my room and slammed the door. I was furious, hurt, and confused. The words she's alive repeated over and over again in my head, and eventually, I couldn't hold the tears back any longer.

I sat on my bed with my back pressed against the wall and my legs tucked in close to my chest. I rested my forehead on my knees, and pulled at my hair in frustration as I cried.

"Why?" I mumbled. "Why didn't she come back?"

I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"Lloyd?" It sounded like Kai. "Can we come in?"

I wanted to shout at him to go away, but then I remembered that we all still shared a room. I pushed myself off my bed, then opened the door to let the others in, but I moved right past them; I didn't want them to see my tear-stained face.

"Are you okay, brother?" Zane asked as I walked by.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I muttered without turning around. I frantically tried to dry my eyes.

Thankfully, my teammates seemed to get the message that I wanted to be alone. They all went to bed, but I headed up above deck. Maybe the cool night air would clear my mind.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I leaned against the mast, trying to get ahold of myself. I attempted to convince my brain that y/n had a good reason to stay in Paris, but my heart didn't want to hear it.

Why did this make me so emotional? Why did it hurt so much?

I glanced over to the edge of the ship, and had a strange thought. I walked over to the railing, and glanced down at the ground we were flying above. In an act of desperation, I climbed on top of the wooden ridge, and jumped.

———————Nya's POV————-

I was washing the dishes from earlier today. I turned around to put away the plates, and nearly dropped them in shock when I saw y/n standing in the living room.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, surprised.

"I never got the chance to explain myself to the rest of you," she said. "Plus you promised to fill me in on everything I missed."

"I never go back on a promise!" I smiled. "But you first. And don't leave anything out! I want to hear all the details."

——ten minutes later——

"So that's why Lloyd seemed so mad," I said once y/n finished explaining her story. "It's not like him to act out like that."

"What happened?" she asked. "Is he okay?"

"The boys must be talking to them. He didn't take the news you gave him very well."

"I'm surprised you're not angry with me, too. I should've come back, I should have been honest with you guys..."

"Don't beat yourself up about it!" I said, putting my hands on her shoulders. "You did what you thought was right at the time. Not many 12-year-olds would have been able to make a decision like that."

"Thanks Nya," she muttered as I crushed her in a hug. "I wish Lloyd was just as understanding... but honestly, I don't blame him for being upset with me. What I did was pretty stupid."

"What's done is done," I said, pulling back so I could finished the dishes. "You meant a lot to him, you know. After the whole possession thing with Morro, he immediately asked us if you were okay. We told him what happened to you, and he was heartbroken. He didn't eat or sleep for weeks, and he barely left his room."

I glanced over to the picture hanging on the wall. In the photo, all seven of us stood around Sensei, who was sitting on the ground with a pot of tea. Looking at it reminded me of the toll y/n's "death" took on Lloyd.

Y/n started helping me put away the dishes. "I can't believe I put him through so much. I wish I could make it up to him, I just don't know how."

"It'll take some time, but I'm sure he'll come around," I said. "He may be slow to anger, but he's also slow to forgive."

Miraculously from Ninjago | Stranded in Etheriaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें